• RSVP Cavalcade of Spectaculars carnival, crafts, food, music and fireworks. 2 p.m. -midnight today; noon-midnight Saturday and Sunday. All-day ride passes $19; fireworks show at dusk Sunday. Call 687-4680.
• Artown in Reno through July 31. Features dance, music, exhibits, demonstrations, chautauquas, Shakespeare and more. Some events free, some by donation others by fee. Go to renoisartown.com or call 322-1538.
• "Day's Rays," a photography exhibit by Day Williams at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. through July 31. Call 883-1976.
• George Henepen Trio performs from 8-11 p.m. at The Station Grille, 1105 S. Carson St. Call 883-8400.
• Reba McEntire and special guest Jessica Andrews perform at 8 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Outdoor Amphitheater. Tickets $47.25, $68.25. Call 789-2285.
• Howie Mandel performs at 9 p.m. at Caesars Tahoe Circus Maximus Showroom today and Saturday. Tickets $40,$30. Call (800) 648-3353.
• Ronnie Milsap performs at John Ascuaga's Nugget Celebrity Showroom today and Saturday. Tickets, information: 356-3300.
• Miss Nevada Scholarship Pageant, 3 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets are $30 including a 2 p.m. reception or $20 general admission. For details, go to www.missnevada.org.
• Free outdoor concert from 3-8 p.m. featuring Garratt Wilkin and The Parrotheads Jimmy Buffet tribute band and barbecue at the Piñon Plaza. Call 885-9000.
• Free concert featuring Ishence with Soul Medic, 6:30-9 p.m. at Tahoe Creamery and Sierra Glen Restaurant, 1480 N. Carson St. Independence weekend Reggae Shack Party in the parking lot. No coolers or pets; call 882-7666.
• Carson Valley Pops Orchestra's Tune Up for the Fourth concert, 6:30 p.m. at Minden Park, Minden, free. Call 265-2841.
• Country musician Clay Walker performs at the Silver Legacy. Tickets $50, $40, $30; call 325-7401.
• Roberts House Yard Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at 1207 N. Carson St. Features books, pictures, antique furniture, mirrors, decorative glass, vintage jewelry, crafts, collectibles. Call 887-8865.
• Nevada State Railroad Museum Steam-up for the Fourth of July weekend, features the 127-year-old Inyo, 10-11 a.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday. For information, call 687-8323.
• Carson City Republican Central Committee's free Fourth of July picnic and barbecue, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Fuji Park. Everyone welcome; donations accepted. Food includes hamburgers, hot dogs and salads. Call 841-1800.
• Pops in the Park, Mormon Station in Genoa, with the Sierra Philharmonic League. Begins at 1 p.m. with silent auction, entertainment and other activities, continues until philharmonic performance. Food and refreshments available; call 267-2403.
• Fourth of July celebration in Virginia City. Includes a parade at noon down C Street; free concert with David John and the Comstock Cowboys at 6 p.m. in the parking lot of the Delta Saloon; and fireworks at dusk. Call Karen Woodmansee at 720-0015.
• Fourth annual Star Spangled Sparks at Sparks Marina Park. Events begin at 5:30 a.m. with free, tethered, hot-air balloon rides; 6 a.m. Fun Run; 8 a.m. volleyball tournament registration; 8:30 a.m. Model Dairy Milk Carton Boat Regatta, Parade of Boats and regatta races, volleyball tournament; 10 a.m. opening ceremonies; 10:15 a.m. live music with Rick Hayes and American Steel; 12:30 p.m. Sparks Idol competition. Also food, crafts and arts, children's games, military participation and more. Call 358-1976.
• Fourth of July Independence celebration at John Ascuaga's Nugget. Festivities begin at 4 p.m. with a fireworks show at 9:45 p.m. Call 356-3300.
• Fourth of July celebration in Fernley. Parade at 10 a.m. on Main Street; horseshoe tournament at noon Out-of-Town Park; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Show-and-Shine Classic Car Show; 1 p.m. Rock Bottom Band performs; 3 p.m. greased pig contest; 4:30 p.m. watermelon-eating contest; 5 p.m. Rick Hayes and American Steel perform; fireworks at dusk. Call Dee Cassell at (775) 575-2601 or Linda Stanley at (775) 575-4986.
• Fourth of July Holiday, federal, state, city and county offices are closed as are area senior citizen centers.
• Nevada Appeal offices closed. Call the newsroom at 881-1213. For questions about paper delivery, call 881-1235.