- "Who's Mining the Mercantile ... Or If It's Counterfeit, Ware It," 7 p.m. at the CVIC Hall, Minden, performed by Carson Valley Middle School. Tickets $7 general, $5 CVMS students, staff, children 11-younger. Call 782-2265.
- The Act performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. today-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
- Jimmy Buffett tribute band Garratt Wilkin and The Parrotheads performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Showtimes 8, 9:30 and 11 p.m. Call 782-9711.
- Pocket City performs from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Casino Fandango. No cover; call 885-7000.
- Dane Rinehart performs at Joe Bob's Hot Springs Roadhouse, 1510 Hot Springs Road. No cover; 21-older after 10 p.m. Call 883-7799.
- Kenny Rogers performs at 9 p.m. Friday and 8 p.m. Saturday at the Silver Legacy Grande Exposition Hall, Reno. Tickets $65, $50 and $45. Call 325-7401.
- Second annual Tattoo Arts Expo at Circus Circus, Reno. Preregistration three-day pass $25. Call (866) 482-8866.
- "The Music Man," presented by Pioneer Center and Jam Theatricals, 8 p.m. today; 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday and 2 and 7 p.m. Sunday at the Pioneer Center, Reno. Tickets, information: 686-6600.
- Democratic Carson City Convention, 10 a.m. at Bordewich-Bray Elementary School. Call 884-2726.
- Dog Adoption Day at Petco in Carson City, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., sponsored by Dog Town Rescue of Elko County. All dogs are spayed or neutered and fully vaccinated. Call (775) 744-2092.
- Pet Network and Intermountain Therapy Animals visit the Carson City Library from 10:30-11:30 a.m. to present an educational reading experience. Call 887-2244; space is limited, signups requested.
- Carson Middle School PTSA annual family bingo fund-raiser, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Carson Middle School cafeteria, 1400 W. King St. Includes bake sale, raffle and snacks. Call 283-2800.
- 10th annual Cowboy Jubilee and Poetry, 4 and 8 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center. Features Sourdough Slim, Randy Pollard, John McLain, Paul Carreli, Paul Zarsyski, Tom Russell, Andrew Hardin and Don Edwards. Tickets $25 reserved seating; $20 general. Barbecue dinner from 5-8 p.m. $10 adults, $5 children. Tickets, information, call 883-1532.
- Silver Knights Motorcycle Club meets at 5 p.m. at Tequila Dan's in Carson City. Call Robby at 265-6998.
- 13th annual Mountain Oyster Fry begins at 11 a.m. with a St. Patricks Day parade down C Street. Features new and experienced cooks competing for best overall taste, best booth, most creative and best presentation. Call 847-0311.
- Dayton Township Kiwanis Club 15th annual Casino Nite 2004, 5-10 p.m. at Dayton Community Center on Pike Street. Includes games, raffle, silent auction, corned beef sandwiches w/coleslaw and more. General admission $10 per person.
- Sixth annual Snowshoe Thompson Ski Tour; guided trek. Cost $20 w/gear rental, snack, $10 without rental. Call (530) 694-2266.
- Reed High School second annual Winter Spectacular and McQueen High School first-ever Winter Extravaganza, 8:30 a.m. at Reed HS gym; 2 p.m. at McQueen HS gym, Reno. A premier colorguard/percussion competition.
- Silver Springs Entertainment and Arts Inc. Big Yard Sale, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Realty World Ballard Co., 2450 Highway 95A, Silver Springs. Call 577-2637.
- Sierra Nevada Republican Women's seventh annual St. Pat's Dinner/Fund-raiser, 5 p.m. at the CVIC Hall, Minden. Includes home-cooked corned beef dinner at 6 p.m., raffle, auction and surprises. Cost $20; call Robin Reedy at 265-3102 or Susie Foxen at 782-8719.