• DeBug Computer's free, one-hour Internet introduction class at 2 p.m. Reserve a space by calling 883-3630.
• "The Influential Leader" simulcast at the Capital Christian Center, 1600 Snyder Ave. This seminar is composed of nine speakers from the celebrity leadership roster, including John C. Maxwell, Marcus Buckingham and Jackie Freiberg. Tickets are $79, which includes seminar materials, breakfast and lunch. For more information, call Brenda Simpson at 883-3355.
• The COBRApoint team will exhibit at the HRMStrategies in Reno to showcase HR professionals their new tool for managing COBRA obligations. For further information, contact melanie.gipp@COBRApoint.com or call 1-877-884-7021.
• Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce's monthly breakfast club meeting from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at Fountainhead Associates, 112 N. Curry St. The cost is $5 for chamber members and $7 for nonmembers. For information, call 882-1565.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority's breakfast meeting at 7:30 a.m. at the Piñon Plaza with speaker U.S. Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev. Ensign on how Congress is assisting business and industry and his view of the world stage and how it affects American business and industry. There will be a question-and-answer period afterwards.
Make reservations by calling the NNDA office at 883-4413 or e-mail email@example.com. The cost is $25 a person with a reservation, or $30 at the door. The cost is $18 for NNDA members and $30 at the door.
• The Children's Museum of Northern Nevada's grand opening of the US Bank/ Langson Financial Center bank exhibit at 1:30 p.m. Mayor Marv Teixeira and the Carson City Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors will cut a ribbon. With paid admission or family membership admission, the first 400 children will receive a newly minted buffalo nickel, one nickel per child. For information, call The Children's Museum at 884-2226.
For information, contact melanie.gipp@COBRApoint.com or call 1-877-884-7021.
May 14 and 15
• 2005 Business Showcase Expo at the Carson City Community Center. May 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For information on reserving booth space, contact the Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce at 882-1565.
• 2005 ACE Awards at Harrah's Reno Convention Center from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sponsored by the American Marketing Association. For more information and to download a copy of the official entry, go to www.renotahoeama.com.
n To have a business event listed in the calendar , e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 881-1212..