• 16th annual Community Cleanup Carson Pride Week. Includes Senior Junk Haul by 1-800-GOT-JUNK for seniors 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Friday by appointment; Adopt-a-Block call 887-2100; Free dumping for Carson City residents only at Carson City Landfill Friday-Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., call 887-2345 or 882-6066; Streets Department pick up, call 887-2345; Wreck Riddance, call 882-7772; Recycling; Household Hazardous Waste, call 887-2190 and open burn (must obtain permit). Call city offices at 887-2100.
• Junior Reid and The Reggae Angels perform at 9:30 p.m. at the Tahoe Biltmore in Crystal Bay. Tickets $15; 21-older only. Call 337-8344.
• Nevada Fire Safe Council neighborhood meeting, 6-8 p.m. at University of Nevada Cooperative Extension office, 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 12. Call 887-2252.
• Pregnancy Symposium, 6:30-8 p.m. at Carson-Tahoe Hospital Summit Room. Guest speakers are Kathy Molina, director of Women and Children's Center at C-TH; and Dr. Ruth Tomita, OB/GYN. Call 885-4361.
• Carson Middle School concert, 7 p.m. at the Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call Nancy Mielke at 882-4518.
• Carson City School District board meeting, 7 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Free slide presentation by Dr. Sue Fawn Chung of UNLV History Department on "Ah Cum Kee: A Second-Generation Chinese American Woman," 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 239.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Guy Rocha on "Nevada's Myth - Bust" at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Dean Everett performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Retroactive performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Muscle Powered hosts an 8:30 a.m. walk along the V&T Railroad grade. From Coombs Canyon, go right onto dirt road opposite Murphy Drive. Call 885-2166.
• Carson City AARP Chapter 723 "Meet Our Mayor Day," 1:30 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center Nevada Room, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is Mayor Marv Teixeira. Refreshments and discussion after meeting. Call 267-1715.
• Carson City Planning Commission meeting, 3:30 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• AYSO Soccer registration, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Carson High School North Lobby, 1111 N. Saliman. Bring copy of child's birth certificate (unless returning player); or go to www.eayso.org.
• A "Comedy Tribute to Administrative Professionals" presented by the Minden Rotary, an 11th annual comedy tribute to administrative professionals at the Carson Valley Inn Shannon Ballroom. For tickets or information contact John Hamer, 782-2240, ext. 216.
• NARFE Chapter 2167 meets from 2-4 p.m. at the Douglas County Library meeting room. Call 782-4115.
• Carson Valley Men's and Sierra Nevada Women's Active 20-30 Clubs host a recruitment night, 6-9 p.m. at the Coyote Grill, Gardnerville. Wanted are men and women age 20-39 interested in helping special-needs children through fund-raisers and other hands-on projects. Call Jeremy Davidson at 265-0321 or Gina Ramirez at 265-7154.