• "Jazz Greats of Northern Nevada" display at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Features photos by Carson City jazz enthusiast Pat Glancy through Aug. 31. Call 887Ð2244.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features a Musical History of American Folk Music with the Cool River Trio at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
• "Nuclear West" exhibit opens at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through Sept. 30. Call 687Ð6680.
• Retreads perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge, 9 p.m. through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Shabang performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden, 9 p.m. through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30Ð7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746Ð5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. on Linear Park Loop. Park at Fremont Elementary School on Saliman Road. Call 885Ð2166.
• Carson City Symphony rehearsals begin from 7:15-9:30 p.m. at the Carson High School band room, 1111 N. Saliman. Openings for strings, clarinet, percussion and horn. Call 883-4154.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• "A Moment for a Miracle," benefit for Ida Temple, 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Features belly dancing, gift vendors, class and workshop information, raffle and silent auction. Call 882Ð5078.
• Smith & Smith Farms, of Dayton, will be selling fresh flowers and produce from 3:30-7:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Adele's, 1112 N. Carson St.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus, paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome to view exhibit.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• "An Evening with Gershwin," 7:30 p.m. through Saturday at Sand Harbor amphitheater. Features Sam Weber "fastest feet in tap." Visit www.LakeTahoeShakespeare.com or call (800) 747-4697.
• 17th annual Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off at John Ascuaga's Nugget, Victoria Square, Sparks through Monday. Features more than 30 cooks vying for the coveted title; 30 live bands including Collin Raye at 7 p.m. Friday on the Main Stage, Paul Thorn 7 p.m. Saturday Main Stage, .38 Special, 7 p.m. Sunday Main Stage, and Cracker, 3 p.m. Monday Main Stage. All shows free; plus vendors and more. Call 356-3428.
• Walter Daniels: Mining Series and Portraits art exhibit at Carson City Art Initiative's Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through Sept. 30. Artist reception from 5-6 p.m. Sept. 7. Call 220-0940.
• Greg Brown performs at 8 p.m. at Adele's Restaurant and Lounge, 1112 N. Carson St. Tickets $30 general; $40 gold seating. Call 882Ð3353.
• Nevada Civic Light Opera presents Joy Song, "A Praise Concert," 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Donation $5 at the door. Call 887Ð5601.
• Fall Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746Ð5024.
• Ride the Rails at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Monday. Call 687Ð6953.
• Blues Traveler performs at Caesars Tahoe Circus Maximus Showroom. Tickets $40; call (800) 648Ð3353.
• South Lake Tahoe Labor Day weekend, includes fireworks, concerts, Air Fest, 5K run, pancake breakfast and more through Sunday. Blues Traveler in Concert at Caesars Tahoe, 9 p.m. Saturday. Visit www.bluelaketahoe.com or call (800) AT-TAHOE.