• EDAWN's membership breakfast at the Atlantis Hotel Casino from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. The cost is $20 per person or $30 for nonmembers. RSVP to 829-3727 or www.edawn.org.
• The Nevada Procurement Outreach Program and Wells Fargo "Government Contracting Opportunities" at the Washoe County Complex, 1001 E. 9th St., building C, room C110 in Reno from 9 a.m. to noon. For information contact Tina Baldassare at 687-1813 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Builder's Association of Western Nevada general membership meeting and Builders Sweet Hearts Appreciation Night, featuring comedian Macavoy Lane as Mark Twain at the Piñon Plaza, 2171 Highway 50 East at 5 p.m. Members are $25, waves are guests of BAWN, and $35 for non-members. Contact 882-6087.
• The Nevada Restaurant Association's Political Action Committee luncheon at the Airport Plaza Hotel in Reno from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Open to the public, it will feature guest speaker Lt. Gov. Lorraine Hunt and a silent auction. The cost is $35 a person. To register call 702-878-2313, ext. 111.
• The Nevada Small Business Development Center has a new training program for the established entrepreneur called "The Entrepreneur CEO Program - Accelerating Small Business Growth" from 5:45 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the University of Nevada Reno, William Raggio Building, room 1003. Space is limited. For information, requirements and registration contact Kathy Carrico at 784-6879 or email@example.com. The cost is $995, which includes all materials.
Feb. 22 and 23
• The Second Northern Nevada Gaming Summit at Harrah's in Reno. Registration opens at 5 p.m. Feb. 22. John Ascuaga is the featured speaker. Register online at www.northernnevadasummit.com.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority membership networking mixer at Custom Office Supply, 2814 N. Carson St., from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. New member orientation from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. RSVP to 883-4413 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Douglas County Forecast 2005 from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Carson Valley Inn, 1627 Highway 395 in Minden. Topics include: Property taxes, why can't the counties get along?; Small businesses struggling because of big box stores; The water supply and the future of the ranching industry. The cost is $15 per person. Contact Carole Thompson at 783-1782 or e-mail email@example.com. The registration deadline is Feb. 18.
• The Reno-Tahoe Chapter of the American Marketing Association forum on "Winning Sales Strategies of Successful Companies" from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., featuring three sales industry leaders, at Harrah's in Reno. The cost is $20 for AMA members, $26 for non-members and $18 for students. Advance RSVP required by Feb. 18 by calling 786-3030 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Roz Parry will give her "Retail Selling Skills" seminar from 9 a.m. to noon at the William Raggio Education Building, room 1003, at the University of Nevada, Reno. Seminar fee is $45. Group discounts are available. To register call 784-1717. For information call Parry at 329-1041.
To list a business event in the weekly calendar, contact Becky Bosshart at bbosshart@ nevadaappeal.com or 881-1212 or fax the information, including a contact number, to 887-2420.
• Service Corps of Retired Executives' "What it Takes to Build a Successful Business" seminar from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the University of Nevada, Reno, Ansari Business Building room 107. The cost is $50 per person for handouts and lunch. Call SCORE to register at 784-4436.