• Carson City Convention and Visitors Bureau board meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Convention and Visitors' Bureau Conference Room, 1900 S. Carson St. Call 687-7410.
• Sunset Rotary Affair of the Heart fund-raiser, 6:30 p.m. at the Piñon Plaza Resort/Casino. Cost $45; call 883-6675 or 883-7077.
• Soprano Danielle Talamantes is the featured performer for the Carson City Music Club, 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Open to the public; $3 donation at the door. Refreshments served after performance. Call Jane Theiss at 882-9517.
• The Itals, a roots reggae trio, performs at 9:30 p.m. at Breeze Nightclub at the Tahoe Biltmore in Crystal Bay. Tickets $12 in advance; 21-older only. Call (530) 583-2801.
• Carson City Republican Women meet at 11 a.m. (social) at the Carson Nugget, upstairs. Guest speaker is Secretary of State Dean Heller. Buffet luncheon at 11:03 a.m.; cost is $15 per person, guests welcome. Call 841-3553.
• NARFE Chapter 1329 meets at 11:15 a.m. for a luncheon meeting at Grandma Hattie's Restaurant, 2811 S. Carson St. Guest speakers are Vern Krahn, park planner and Lee Plemel, principal planner. Call 884-3538 or 246-0926.
• Capital Women's Connection luncheon, 11:30 a.m. at Bamboo Garden Restaurant, 3735 S. Carson St. Features two speakers; complimentary nursery by reservation only. Cost $13 per person; call 885-7789 or 883-5045.
• Retired Telephone Pioneers luncheon meeting, 1:30 p.m. at Beijing Palace, 4250 Cochise St. (Quail Park). Guest speaker is Kim Riggs, homeless advocate for the Carson City School District. Reservations, information: 882-5205.
• After-school Basque Story Hour, 3:15 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Limited to 20 persons; call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Silver Sierra Adventurers meet at 6 p.m. at the Carson Nugget, upstairs. Guest speaker is Jina Keough from Santa Maria Valley Convention and Visitors Center. Guests welcome; call Harriet Post at 882-2671.
• Chinese New Year's celebration at 6:30 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Call 887-2244, ext. 1004.
• Carson City Democratic Men's Club meets at 7 p.m. at home of Gene Paslov. For information or directions, call Steve Platt at 887-0772.
• Genoa Candy Dance meeting, 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall Meeting Room. Call 782-8696.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Chris Enss on "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon - Roy Rogers and Heroes of the West" at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Hot August Night - A Tribute to Neil Diamond performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• The original Couriers in concert at 7 p.m. at Good Shepherd Wesleyan Church, 1505 Railroad Drive. Call 885-8361.
• Muscle Powered and GROW joint meeting "Trails to the Future," 7 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. A 30-minute presentation on benefits of non-motorized routes in Carson City. Call 885-0980.
• Royal Swing Orchestra performs at 8 p.m. at John Ascuaga's Nugget Celebrity Showroom. Call 356-3300.
• Carson Sertoma's Big Game Night fund-raiser, 6:30 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Cost $20 at the door. Call Rick Ghiglieri at 883-9678, Frank Taylor at 885-7579 or Leroy Winters at 882-4441.
• Prezident Brown performs at midnight at Breeze Nightclub at the Tahoe Biltmore, Crystal Bay. Ages 21-older only; call (530) 583-2801.
• "Lone Star and Laundry & Bourbon" presented by Proscenium Players, Inc., 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets, information: 883-1976.