• "Cathouse Afternoon," a musical by Will Rose, will be playing weekends at 7 p.m. through Aug. 20 at Pipers Opera House in Virginia City. For tickets call 1-800-468-2463 or online at www.activitytickets.com.
• 11th annual Silver Dollar Car Classic Car Show. Includes Thursday night cruise from Plaza Hotel in Carson City; Friday Cruise of Champions, street dance at the Carson Nugget west parking lot; Saturday pancake breakfast, show and shine, Champion Speedway laps, Virginia City cruise and party; Sunday, pancake breakfast, $1,000,000 poker run, silver dollar dinner and awards ceremony. Visit www.silverdollarcar.com or call 687-7410.
• Hot Summer Daze Endurance Drive/Ride at Fort Churchill (Boy Scout Camp), 11 a.m. Entries can ride 10 or 20 miles. Prizes to all who finish; dinner provided. Call Linda Mulkey at 629-0817.
• Storey County Jeep Posse golf tournament and barbecue in Virginia City. Call 847-0311.
• Fourth annual "Night in the Country" benefit concert for the Boys and Girls Club of Mason Valley, 7 p.m. featuring Aaron Tippin at the Lyon County Fairgrounds. Tickets $20 each; call (775) 463-5114.
• Nevada State Prison Art Show, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day at NSP, 3301 E. Fifth St. Portion of the proceeds will be donated to Empire Elementary School. Public should bring picture ID, and do NOT wear blue jeans. Checks or money orders only; no cash. Refreshments available.
• Genoa Renaissance Fair, jousting, jugglers, belly dancers, music and more, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. Tickets $6 adults, $5 children. Call Martha Williams at 782-4951.
• Wild Animal Infirmary for Nevada in Washoe Valley Open House, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. Includes self-guided tour; no admission fee, donations accepted and are tax-exempt. Call 849-0345.
• Hot August Nights, cars, music and food from the '50s and '60s. An event you must see to believe, in Reno. For information go online to: www.hotaugustnights.net or call 356-1956.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Debbie Senate on Psychics - What it is like and How to Avoid Rent-a-Psychic at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• BLM Open House on Upper Colony Road Fuels Treatment Project, 7-8 p.m. at Smith Valley Volunteer Fire Station, 1 Hardie Lane, Smith. Call 885-6107.
• African Americans on the Comstock, a free brown bag lunch program with video from noon-1 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features more than 20 vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
Aug. 5-Aug. 7
"The Taming of the Shrew," performed at 8 p.m. at the Gold Hill Gazebo by Gold Hill Theater Troupe. General seating $24, reserved $33. Includes pre-play entertainment at 6. Call 847-0111.