• Carson City Planning Commission meeting, 3:30 p.m., Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. 782-9828.
• "Dragons, Dreams and Daring Deeds" at 4 p.m. at the Douglas County Public Library, 1625 Library Lane, part of the Summer Reading Program. Call 782-9841.
• Lyon County Horsemen's Association general meeting, 7 p.m. at the McAtee Building, next to fire department on Fort Churchill Road, Silver Springs. Call 629-0713.
• "Living in Nevada" art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative's Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through Thursday. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Call 287-2252.
• "Night Pieces: A Look at the World We Leave Behind When We Go Home at Night," a Philippe Mazaud photography exhibit at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., Suite A, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 687-6680.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Solutions Forum/White House Conference on Aging, 6 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Call 783-6455.
• RSVP July Fourth Celebration Carnival at Mills Park. Features a carnival with rides, midway, crafts and food and entertainment through Monday. Call 687-4680.
• Hired Help performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; 883-8889.
• Genoa Farmers Market in Genoa Park, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Call 782-8696.
• Paintings on exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus.
• "Wizard Training School," a free presentation at 6:30 p.m. at Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School, 701 Long Valley Road, Gardnerville. Call 782-9841.
• Carson City Raceway at Fuji Park features AMA Pro Speedway, youth speedway, pee wee speedway, bicycle races, econobox drags and MADD Night and "Speedway Sidecar Spectacular No. 1." Pits open at 5, main gate at 6, racing at 7 p.m. 882-2460.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features several classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• "Wizard Training School," a free presentation at 3:30 p.m. at Kahle Community Center. 782-9841.
• Silver Springs Founders Day Celebration, begins at 7 a.m. with pancake breakfast at the senior center; parade on Fort Churchill Drive at 10; food, drink, games plus vendors and crafters at Penny Park from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., plus live music and open-mic karaoke. Call 577-4336.
• David Lindley, Wally Ingram and Eric McFadden, and Mind X perform at 3:30 p.m. at the Truckee River Regional Park Amphitheater, Truckee. Tickets $20 in advance at Java Joe's, or www.renegadeshows.com or call (530) 583-2801.
• July Fourth Yard Sale at the Roberts House Museum, 1207 N. Carson St., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Monday. Antiques, art, jewelry, glass, coins and crafts. 887-8865.