• NARFE Chapter 1329 meets at 11:15 a.m. at Grandma Hattie's, 2811 S. Carson St. for a luncheon meeting. Guest speaker is Michael Dulude, transit/transportation planner, and John Flansberg, city engineer. Call Tom Prettyman at 884-3538 or Bob Williams at 246-0926.
• "S is for Silver: A Nevada Alphabet" after-school children's story hour from 3:15-4:15 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Regular admission fee applies; pre-register by March 11 at 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St., Sierra Room.
• Retired Telephone Pioneers meet at 5:30 p.m. for a buffet dinner at Mom and Pop's, 224 S. Carson St. Reservations, information: 882-5205.
• Jazz and Poetry at 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, on South Carson Street. Features the Mile High Jazz Band. Call 883-2662.
• Genoa Candy Dance meeting, 6:30 p.m. in Genoa Town Hall meeting room. Call 782-8696.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Ernie Winter on "Rock Art of the West" at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Free seminar of Successful Weight Management, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at 969 Springfield Drive, Gardnerville. Call 265-0427.
• Michael Mandella performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Steppenstonz perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Carson City Airport Authority meeting, 6 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• High Sierra Fly Casters meet at 6:30 p.m. at Carson Valley United Methodist Church, 1375 Centerville Lane, Gardnerville. Guest speaker Peter Bauer. Call Jim Norton at 265-3121.
• The Four Freshmen perform at 8 p.m. at John Ascuaga's Nugget Celebrity Showroom. Call 356-3300.
• "Dealing with Workplace Conflict" presentation, 8 a.m. at Casino Fandango, human resource office, presented by Sierra Nevada Human Resource Association. Cost $5 members; $10 non-members. Call Kurt Anderson at 684-0111.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meeting, 8:30 a.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 8:30 a.m.
• St. Patrick's Day music featuring Tom and Mary Kay Aufrance of Gairin Celtic Band perform from 5-7 p.m. at Red's Old 395 Bar and Grill, 1055 S. Carson St. Call 887-0395.
• Carson City Republican Women celebrate "Wearin' of the Green" at 5:30 p.m. at the Carson Nugget. Traditional buffet dinner of corned beef and cabbage, plus entertainment by local Irish dancers, silent auction and white elephant sale. Tickets $20 per person; call for reservation, 841-3553 or 841-4606.
• Women's History Month and St. Patrick's Day free celebration, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St., in the north building. Call 687-4810, ext. 234.