• Reno Career Fair 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Hilton Reno Resort and Casino, 2500 E. 2nd St. Admission is free, business attire required.
• Nevada Commission for the Reconstruction of the V&T Railway at 4 p.m. in the NACO building, 201 S. Roop St., second floor conference room.
• Nevada Commission on Economic Development's "How to make your company's marketing investment pay off" seminar featuring Carol Infranca and Kathy Dow 10 a.m.-noon at the Washoe County Complex, building C, 1001 E. 9th St. For reservations call 687-4325.
• The Service Corps of Retire Executives monthly, free Business Development Workshop at the Western Nevada Community College Reynolds Building, room 101. The workshop is for those who want advice on starting their own business. The workshop covers licenses, legal structure, marketing, financing and creating a business plan. For information contact 784-4436.
May 14 & 15
• 2005 Business Showcase Expo at the Carson City Community Center. May 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For information on reserving booth space, contact the Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce at 882-1565.
• 2005 ACE Awards at Harrah's Reno Convention Center from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sponsored by the American Marketing Association. For more information and to download a copy of the official entry, go to www.renotahoeama.com. Cocktails and appetizers at 6:00 and the dinner and awards ceremony begins at 7 p.m. The cost for AMA members is $55; non-members $65; table of eight $440; students $40.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority membership breakfast meeting from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the Carson Valley Inn in Minden. Presentation by the Agency for Nuclear Projects. For information call 883-4413.
n To have a business event listed in the calendar , e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 881-1212.