Silver State Fitness and Rehabilitation, 1945 Idaho St., reopening celebration with barbecue from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Nevada's 2006 gubernatorial candidates will speak at the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada's Morning Breakfast Buzz event at the Atlantis Resort and Casino from 7-9 a.m. Appearing: state Sen. Bob Beers; Rep. Jim Gibbons; Henderson Mayor Jim Gibson, Lt. Gov. Lorraine Hunt; state Sen. Dina Titus. EDAWN's Morning Breakfast Buzz event is being presented by the Northern Nevada Business Weekly. Tickets are $20 for EDAWN members and $30 for non-members. RSVP is required. To order tickets, contact Gayla Williams at 829-3700 or visit www.edawn.org/breakfast.
The Nevada Restaurant Association Political Action Committee luncheon at the Siena Resort and Spa, 1 S. Lake St. in Reno, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Election candidates Sen. Bob Beers, Rep. Jim Gibbons, Lt. Gov. Lorraine Hunt and Sen. Dina Titus will speak and have a question and answer session. To register for the luncheon. call 702-878-2313.
• The Sierra Nevada ARMA Chapter seminar on the Open Text Electronic Records Management system, presented by Jody White from 2:30-4 p.m. at Sierra Pacific Power Company, 6100 Neil Road in Reno. Cost: $5 for ARMA members, $8 for non-members. Contact Pat Norman at PNorman@cityoffernley.org or call Frank Addamo at 475-0869. ARMA International is a not-for-profit association of more than 10,000 professionals working in various aspects of the Information Management field.
• The Reno-Tahoe American Marketing Association half-day program "Smaller Businesses - Lessons for Success: Marketing Staffing and More" from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Harrah's Reno Convention Center. The program will feature: national columnist Rhonda Abrams presenting how to run a successful small business; marketing case studies from Vino 100 and Biodiesel Solutions; best practices in sales and marketing, presented by Alice Heiman of ARH Consulting; how to hire and retain a great staff, presented by Jim Annis of Applied Staffing. The cost is $75 and $90 in advance. No walk-ins accepted at this event. Register online at http://www.renotahoeama.com.
"Hazardous Waste Management for Automotive and Heavy Equipment Repair" free seminar 9 a.m.-noon at Western Nevada Community College, 2201 W. College Parkway, room 103. This free seminar will educate vehicle repair facilities in the proper management of hazardous waste. For information visit www.envnv.org. To register, call 866-638-7232 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Association of University Women Nevada will hold its 2006 State Convention, "Education is the Gateway" at the Silver Legacy Hotel. Nationally acclaimed lecturer, Dr. Meggin McIntosh, will deliver the keynote address April 22 at 7:30 p.m. Contact Reno Branch AAUW at 852-3938 for convention fee and registration information.
Selling on eBay seminar at Western Nevada Community College, 2201 W. College Parkway, room 201, from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. For information, call the Carson City Chamber of Commerce at 882-1565. The cost is $50, preregistration is required.
• Minden Rotary Presents the 12th annual Comedy Tribute to Administrative Professionals at the Minden Rotary luncheon at the Carson Valley Inn's Shannon Ballroom. Ross Turner will be the featured entertainer for this special program taking place on Administrative Professionals Day. Tickets are $30 which includes lunch and the comedy show. Advance reservations required. Call John Hamer at 783-6216; Brent Holderman at 782-2208 or Mo Hernandez at 782-0195.
• Morrison University's annual job fair 4-7 p.m. at the Reno Tahoe Tech Center, 10315 Professional Circle, suite 201. Employers represented will include Harley-Davidson Financial Services, TESSCO Technologies, Covance, Charter Communications, Washoe County, Reno Police Department, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Atlantis Resort & Casino, Reno Hilton, US Airways, City of Reno, US Army, SOS Staffing. For information, call 850-0700 or visit owww.morrisonuniversity.com.
Northern Nevada Development Authority membership mixer at Greater Nevada Credit Union, 4131 N. Carson St., from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Northern Nevada Development Authority membership breakfast meeting from 7-9 a.m.
• To list an event in the weekly business calendar, contact reporter Becky Bosshart at email@example.com.