The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 44-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 12:48 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor criminal contempt. Bail was set at $500.
• Catherine McChesney, 26, unemployed from Carson City was arrested at 5:05 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Stewart Street on suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine, possession of a dangerous drug without a prescription, misdemeanor possession of a hypodermic needle and probation violation. No bail was set.
• Michael James Baseman, 26, of Mark Twain, was arrested at 6:16 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of Crain Street on suspicion of felony discharge of a firearm into an occupied dwelling and misdemeanor domestic battery. He allegedly fought with his wife, then fired into an object in his Dayton home before leaving the county. Bail was set at $23,132.
The following are some of the 195 calls to which deputies responded Thursday:
• Residential burglary report in the 2500 block North Carson Street at 10:08 a.m.
• The coroner was called out to Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center at 11:28 a.m.
• Court order violation in the 2700 block of Baker Drive at 12:40 p.m.
• A man in the 4300 block of North Carson Street confronted a brand inspector with a crowbar. When deputies arrived at 2:21 p.m. they found the man with an injury to his cheek, stating he'd been jumped the previous evening. He was taken to detox.
• Battery report in the 4100 block of East Fifth Street at 3:26 p.m.
• Hit-and-run accident report in the 4100 block of Emerson Drive at 6:04 p.m.
• The coroner was called out to the 700 block of Basque Way at 10:05 p.m. after a man was found dead in his vehicle.
• Vehicle burglary report in the 600 block of East College Parkway at 10:24 p.m.
The following are some of the 125 calls to which deputies responded Thursday:
• Stolen vehicle recovery on Bruce Way in Mound House at 6:35 a.m.
• Residential burglary report on Jasper Lane in Dayton at 10:49 a.m.
• Shoplifting report at Scolari's in Fernley at 12:53 p.m.
• Report of shots fired in Monico Drive in Mark Twain at 4:23 p.m. The suspect was arrested in Carson City after shooting into an object in his home.
• Fire on Baker Lane in Mason Valley at 6:31 p.m.
• Domestic dispute on Tuscarora Street in Silver Springs. A misdemeanor arrest was made at 6:44 p.m.
• A misdemeanor arrest was made in the 100 block of North Nevada Street at 6:45 p.m. in Silver Springs.
• Felony arrest in the 300 block of Grosh Avenue in Dayton at 9:09 p.m.
The following are some of the 27 calls to which deputies responded Thursday:
• A mother arrested on domestic battery charges for striking her 16-year-old daughter, bailed out of jail at 6:08 a.m. and demanded her daughter be removed from her home.
• A window on South C Street was reported broken at 10:22 a.m.
• What appears to be rental car keys were found at the Bucket of Blood Saloon at 11:43 a.m.
• An accident on Geiger Grade at 1:38 p.m.
• A report at 3:39 p.m. of a hitchhiker on Geiger Grade.
• A man not wanting to wait for traffic to clear from the 1:38 p.m. accident, drove his Chevy Coupe down a washed-out Toll Road and got his vehicle high centered, puncturing his gas tank at 3:57 p.m.
• Accident on Interstate 80 eastbound at 10:51 p.m.