A sample version of the test given to those applying for citizenship in the United States.
Questions are randomly chosen from a list of 95 possible questions. To pass the test, an applicant must correctly answer 6 of the 10 questions.
• What country did we fight in the Revolutionary War?
• What do we call changes to the Constitution?
• How many voting members are there in the House of Representatives?
• What was the 50th state to be added to the United States?
• Who becomes president if both the president and vice president die?
• Who said, "Give me liberty of give me death"?
• How many Supreme Court justices are there?
• Name one of the purposes of the United Nations.
• How many times can a congressman or senator be re-elected?
• What do the stripes on the flag represent?
- Source: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Download the complete test: (pdf)