Dryer fire evacuates motel

A fire in a dryer at a Carson City motel was knocked down quickly Wednesday morning by firefighters.

Carson City Acting Battalion Chief Jim Quilici said fire crews were called to a Plaza Motel building at 711 Plaza St. about 11:40 a.m.

"The fire was confined to the drum of the dryer," said Quilici.

He said an adjoining room suffered minor smoke damage.

No one was injured. Tenants and employees in the immediate area were evacuated.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment