Four men seeking the Lyon County manager position will be interviewed by the county commissioners on May 3.
The commissioners were given packets containing the men's applications and resumes at the regular meeting Thursday, so they can familiarize themselves with the applicants' qualifications.
• Jerry J. McKnight, Washoe County Finance and Operations Manager for the county's Water Resources Department and a former Nye County Manager, brings 26 years of experience in local and state government.
He has also been Washoe County Finance Director, worked as a budget analyst for the Nevada Department of Taxation, served as clerk/treasurer for the City of Fallon and has been the acting city manager in Fallon.
He graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1973, earning a bachelor's degree in business administration. He also earned a certificate in public management in 1995 from UNR.
• Lionel J. Bushey II is the city administrator of Eagle River, Wisc., and is nearing the end of his contract.
He has served as a utility manager for the city of Oconto Falls, Wisc., and telecommunications coordinator for the city of Yuma, Ariz. He served as public works director for the city of Somerton, Ariz., until a newly elected council replaced the city manager and all department heads. He was a traffic signal and street lighting supervisor for Tempe, Ariz.
Bushey served in the U.S. Marine Corps as a data/telecommunication maintenance officer from 1965 to 1988.
He graduated from Southern Illinois University with a bachelor's degree in electronics management and earned a master's degree in business from Webster University in St. Louis, Mo.
• Ronald W. Stock is the city manager of Leesburg, Fla.; at the same time he has been a faculty member at Florida State University, where he teaches public management.
He has been county administrator for Wabasha County, Minn., and served as city manager and city attorney for Craig, Colo.
He was executive director of the Front Range airport authority in Colorado and served as city attorney for both Aspen, Colo. and Sterling, Colo.
He is a graduate of Southwest Minnesota State University with a bachelor's degree in mathematics. He earned his law degree from the University of Denver and a master of laws in taxation degree.
• William Jon Caime is the county administrator for Hart County, Ga., He has also been a county engineer and assistant county administrator for Oconee County, S.C.
He was also operations manager for the Rust-Clemson Technical Center in Anderson, S.C.
He studied at the Carl Vincent Institute of Government at the University of Georgia and the South Carolina Executive Institute of Government. He has a master's degree in environmental engineering from the University of Tennessee and a bachelor's degree in civil engineering from Clemson University.
• Contact reporter Karen Woodmansee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 882-2111 ext. 351.