Here are the winners at the 10th Annual John Riordan Topaz Lake Invitational Fishing Derby, which was headquartered at Topaz Lake:
1. Warren Senour of Stagecoach: 2-pounds, 12 1/2 ounces from the East Walker River.
2. Warren Senour of Stagecoach: 1-pound, 12 1/2 ounces also from the East Walker River.
3. Norm Budden of Carson City: 13 1/4 ounces from the East Walker River.
1. John Wayne (J.W.) Hatley of Minden: 3-pounds, 13-ounces from Weber Reservoir.
2. John Wayne (J.W.) Hatley of Minden: 2-pounds, 9-ounces from Weber Reservoir.
3. John Wayne (J.W.) Hatley of Minden: 2-pounds, 5 1/2 ounces from Weber Reservoir.
1. Carl Inman, Jr. of Carson City: 3-pounds, 9-ounces from Walker Lake.
2. Carl Inman, Jr. of Carson City: 3-pounds, 4 1/2 ounces from Walker Lake.
3. Jim Bolta of Dayton: 3-pounds, 3/4 ounce from Walker Lake.
1. Wayne Schlachta of Dayton: 4-pounds, 1/2 ounce from Topaz Lake.
2. Larry Myers of Genoa: 2-pounds, 11-ounces from the East Walker River.
3. Todd Boerner of Carson City: 2-pounds 8 1/2 ounces from Topaz Lake.
There were 100 attendees at the derby with some coming as far away as Oregon.
For information, call John Riordan, the General Manager at the Carson Station Hotel and Casino at 883-0900.