Candle caused fatal trailer fire

The cause of a fire that claimed the life of a Carson City woman started from a candle, Fire Chief Stacey Giomi said Friday.

Linda Latasa, 48, succumbed to smoke inhalation and was found in the living room of the burnt out double-wide trailer on Star Way on Jan. 17.

Giomi said fire investigators were able to trace the origin of the fire to a candle in a back bedroom. He said the home was without gas and electricity and Latasa was using kerosene heaters for heat and candles for light.

A fund has been set up to help Latasa's daughter and son pay for their mother's funeral and unpaid debt.

Donations are being accepted at any Greater Nevada Credit Union branch at Acct. No. 10000882342.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment