No need to drive to Reno to catch up with the latest in homestyles for better living - not with gas nearly $4 a gallon. This weekend, the Nevada Appeal is playing host to the second annual Home & Lifestyle Expo right in the newspaper's own building at 580 Mallory Way.
The show opens at 10 a.m. Saturday and runs until 5 p.m, then Sunday from 10 to 4 p.m. Admission is $2 and includes a raffle ticket. Bring the kids and let them poke around - they get in free.
And for the kids there are free magic shows; airbrush tattoos by Lynzie (don't worry, they wash right off); I Paint for Joy where the young ones can make clay hand imprints and paint a story; and free kid decorating hints and free wooden cars. As a topper, it's Life's a Party with the raffle, free foam pictures, sandy candy and dancing.
With the kids taken care of, the adult family members are free to roam and enjoy. Here's a few to tingle the imagination buds:
• It's spring and summer's near, so how about a swimming pool: Check outside booth O-3 for Certified Pool and Spa.
• Winter's never far away, so don't skip Electric Radiant heat and More as Booth No. 316.
• Ah, but it's already grill time, so see Booth No. 325 where Grill It will be handing out tips. Samples? Well, that's a little much.
• Speaking of cooking, the Pampered Chef will be holding forth at Booth No. 113.
• Maybe you've been thinking off adding a sun room - warm in the winter and cool but sunny in summer. Check Booths Nos. 311 and 313.
• If there's some outdoor or indoor dirt that is stubborn and won't wash away, check Scum-Off at Booth No. 118.
• Here's the dream for all of us. Forget about water woes by seeing what they are doing at Booth No. 220, Water Unlimited.
Visitors can find a few dreams to build on, artists, contractors, merchants, consultants and professionals to help make your lifestyle more like you want it to be.
Questions can be directed to 887-2416, ext. 376.