Carson City Road Report for through Friday:
The city's annual slurry seal project will continue this week. Street sealing will be completed on roads west of Carson Street and north of Washington Street/Ash Canyon Road.
Additional notices will be placed on the affected streets each week to inform residents and motorists. Numerous streets will be sealed each weekday, with closures on each street lasting about four hours.
Edmonds Drive will be closed intermittently between Clearview Drive and Damon Street during the day on Friday for striping.
The reconstruction of Curry Street from Koontz Lane to Rhodes Street is under way. As a result, the following lane closures are expected to occur:
• South Curry Street reduced to single lane traffic with delays from Rhodes Street to Koontz Lane
7 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Rhodes Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Carson Street to South Curry Street 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Moses Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Carson Street to 300 feet west of South Curry Street 7 a.m.-
Construction of the North Stewart Street extension from East John Street to North Roop Street is continuing. Numerous restrictions, closures and detours are expected in the project area, including the following:
• U.S. 50 East, eastbound left turn lane at Stewart Street closed.
• Stewart Street closed from John Street to U.S. 50 East.
• Intersection of Lee and Moody streets closed through Monday.
• Intermittent street closures and delays on Adams Street and Long Street from Roop Street to Peters Street 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Intermittent street closures and delays on Burton Street from Peters Street to North Stewart Street 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Lane shifts on John Street from Fall Street to Anderson Street 7 a.m.-
Road report provided by the Carson City Transportation Department. For more information, call 887-2112.