Volunteer opportunities available through the Nevada Rural Counties RSVP program:
1. ComputerCorps needs help with rebuilding and testing computers (restores used computers for students, etc), and a receptionist.
2. Bordewich-Bray Elementary School needs classroom volunteers.
3. RSVP needs volunteers to assist with reception, filing, and computer assistance.
4. RSVP needs drivers to transport seniors that can no longer drive, and Lifeline installers (Lifeline is an emergency response system). (RSVP furnishes the van for transportation).
5. The Northern Nevada Railway Foundation is seeking volunteers to work in the V & T Railroad gift shop Nov. 27, 28, and 29, and Dec. 5, 12 and 19. Help any day of your choice would be appreciated. For details please call Marsha at 220-8218, or Judie at 338-3834 and leave a message.
6. Become an AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer and help Nevada Seniors.
NV Rural Counties RSVP seeks a paid volunteer to assist with capacity building for our Home Companion Respite Care Program in Carson City. Computer experience is essential. This full time position includes a monthly living allowance, training, health insurance, and end of contract bonus/tuition. Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
For more information relative to these exciting volunteer opportunities please call Carolyn at 687-4680 ext. 6. RSVP can pay out-of-pocket expenses (mileage) and carries insurance for you while on the job. You can make your own days and hours to donate to one of these worthwhile programs. Any help is appreciated by them.
• By Janice Ayres is the executive director and CEO of RSVP