The following information is for Sept. 14 -19:
The city will perform micropaving operations on multiple roads this week. The portions of the following roads will be closed about three hours each, with flaggers controlling traffic: Lakeview Road, Hobart Road, Combs Canyon Road, Ormsby Boulevard, College Parkway (west of U.S. 395 only), Winnie Lane from Carson Street to Mountain Street, and Snyder Avenue from Edmonds Drive to Bigelow Drive.
Additionally, the Nevada Department of Transportation will be conducting similar work on East 5th Street between Carson Street and Fairview Drive on Saturday.
Construction of the North Stewart Street Extension from East John Street to North Roop Street is continuing. As a result, the following closures are expected to occur:
• North Stewart Street closed from U.S. 50 East to John Street
• U.S. 50 East - Eastbound left turn lane at Stewart Street closed
• Park Street is closed from Stewart Street to Fall Street
• John Street will be closed from Fall Street to Anderson Street until the project is complete
• Long Street will be intermittently closed from Roop Street to Fall Street
The reconstruction of Curry Street from Koontz Lane to Rhodes Street is continuing. As a result, the following closures are expected to occur:
• South Curry Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Rhodes Street to Koontz Lane 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Rhodes Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Carson Street to South Curry Street 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Moses Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Carson Street to 300 feet west of South Curry Street 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Frontage improvements will continue along the south side of Old Clear Creek Road approximately between Bodines Casino and Vista Grande Boulevard, including the area along Fuji Park. In addition, a temporary bus stop for the Jump Around Carson (JAC) service will be located to the west of the current location, just east of Vista Grande Boulevard.
Landscaping is taking place on Fairview Drive. Sidewalk and lane closures will take place between Roop Street and Saliman Road.
Third Street will be closed between Carson Street and Curry Street on Friday from 3 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. due to a special event.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 Ext. 30396.