The Carson City Board of Supervisors is expected to decide Thursday whether to approve a contract between the city and the Carson City Redevelopment Authority for the Arlington Square Ice Rink winter holiday 2009-10 season.
The interlocal agreement sets forth the responsibilities of each agency regarding the operation of the rink.
The city would provide all required equipment, services and personnel necessary for the setup, maintenance and removal of the ice rink as well as the personnel needed for its management and operation.
The redevelopment authority would provide marketing support for the ice rink and notify businesses that could be affected by its operation. It would also pay the anticipated $135,000 shortfall from its revolving fund.
Some members of the Downtown Business Association are expected to speak out against the proposal.
If approved Thursday, the measures would have to pass a second reading before taking effect.
Also on Thursday, supervisors are agendized to:
• Taking another look at reducing sewer and water connection fees. The measures failed during a first reading at the board's last meeting, and staff is recommending that they be dropp-ed in favor of a revised version.
The revised version would change the current method of calculating connection fees and result in a significant reduction.
• Recommend a preferred alignment for the southern portion of the Nevada Stateline-to-Stateline Tahoe Bikeway plan.
• Take preliminary action on an ordinance to change the makeup of the city's audit committee.
• Take final action on an ordinance to dispose of unclaimed property through an online auction.
• Hear a report from the Carson City Airport Authority about the economic activity, construction programs and accomplishments at the airport.
• Hear a report from the health and human services department about the H1N1 Influenza Campaign, including information about the Centers for Disease Control's anticipated vaccine. Staff will also provide a summary of scheduled activities and community collaboration for the vaccine's distribution.
The board meets at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. For information, call 887-2100.
The agenda and all supporting materials are available online at www.carson-
city.nv.us/ by clicking on Board of Supervisors.