The following information applies to the period of Sept. 21-25:
As part of the City's annual slurry seal project, striping will occur in the general vicinity of the area bounded by Carson Street to the east, Mountain Street to the west, Winnie Lane to the north and Washington Street to the south. Minor delays are possible. More specifically, striping will occur on Winnie Lane between Carson Street and Mountain Street, with the possibility of minor delays.
On Monday, Northridge Drive will be closed between Russell Way and Lompa Lane, and Airport Road will be closed between College Parkway and U.S. 50 due to micropaving.
Rifle Range Road will be closed throughout the week for improvements.
Construction of the North Stewart Street Extension from East John Street to North Roop Street is continuing. Numerous restrictions, closures, and detours are expected in the project area, including the following:
• Park Street will be closed from Stewart Street to Fall Street.
• John Street will be closed from Fall Street to Andrew Street through the completion of the project.
• Stewart Street will be closed from U.S. 50 to John Street.
• On U.S. 50, the eastbound left turn lane at Stewart Street will be closed.
• Long Street will be closed from Roop Street to Peters Street on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The reconstruction of Curry Street from Koontz Lane to Rhodes Street is under way. As a result, the following lane closures are expected to occur:
• U.S. 395/Carson Street reduced to two southbound lanes from Monday at 7 p.m. to Tuesday at 5:30 a.m.
• South Curry Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Rhodes Street to Koontz Lane 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Rhodes Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Carson Street to South Curry Street 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Moses Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Carson Street to 300 feet west of South Curry Street 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Frontage improvements will continue along the south side of Old Clear Creek Road approximately between Bodines Casino and Vista Grande Boulevard, including the area along Fuji Park. In addition, a temporary bus stop for the Jump Around Carson (JAC) service has been located and signed to the west of the current location, just east of Vista Grande Boulevard.
Landscaping improvements are continuing on Fairview Drive. Sidewalk closures will take place between Roop Street and Saliman Road.
On Friday and Saturday, Research Way will be temporarily converted to a one-way road in the southbound direction from College Parkway to the intersection of Goni Road for a special event.
For more information, call Daniel Doenges at 887-2355.