As each new year begins, one of the tasks of the Carson City Board of Supervisors is to assign themselves to various boards and commissions for which official representation is needed.
On Thursday, the board sorted through the positions left open by Robin Williamson and Pete Livermore, as well as other openings needed for 2011, and made the following appointments:
• Mayor Bob Crowell will continue to serve on the Regional Transportation Commission, the Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and the Nevada Commission for the Reconst-ruction of the V&T Railway.
• Supervisor Shelly Aldean will continue as mayor pro tem, and will continue on the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency as vice chairwoman, as chairwoman of the Redevelopment Authority and the Regional Transportation Commission, and on the Carson Area Metropolitian Planning Organization.
• Supervisor Molly Walt will continue serving on the Nevada Association of Counties board of directors, the Parks and Recreation Commission, Carson City Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Senior Citizens Center Advisory Council.
• Supervisor John McKenna will serve on the Audit Committee, the Debt Management Committee and the Carson Water Subconservancy District.
• Supervisor Karen Abowd will serve on the Carson River Subconservancy District, the Cultural Commission, and as vice chairwoman of the Redevelopment Authority.
In addition to the board responsibilities, officials appointed former supervisor Robin Williamson to serve on the Nevadaworks Board and as the Redevelopment Authority Citizens Committee chairwoman.