By Sandi Hoover
The Carson City Planning Commission on Wednesday will consider a special use permit request from Robert F. Matthews for an asphalt plant and aggregate crushing plant with a 1.5 megawatt wind turbine at a height of 225 feet plus blade height, on property zoned general industrial located on the south side of Highway 50 East near the Lyon County line.
Both the wind turbine and two proposed 150-ton silos exceed the 45-foot building height of the zone. The proposed project is in the area previously known as the Tip Top Pit.
The commission also is scheduled to hear a request from Rainbow Conservation Corp., property owner Joe Goni, for a special use permit for a wind energy tower in an area zoned single family 6000 at 7300 Schulz Drive.
The proposed turbine of 160 feet would exceed the 60-foot maximum and would not satisfy the setback standard from the project property lines.
The planning commission is also set to consider:
• A request from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Nevada for an extension of time for the approved special use permit for construction of a recreation center at 1870 Russell Way. The club is requesting a five-year extension to allow the Parks and Recreation Department time to obtain funding for the project.
• A special use permit request from the Carson City School District for a maintenance building at 1140 W. King St. in the west central portion of the Carson Middle School campus.
The planning commission meets at 5 p.m. Wednesday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Go to www.car
son.org to download an agenda and a complete information packet.
The Carson River Advisory Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Sierra Room of the community center. The following items will be acted on or discussed:
• Action on a recommendation to the board of supervisors for the fee title acquisition of 470 acres of the Bently Property in the Carson River Canyon.
• Action on approving the Carson River projects for the city's 20-year capital improvement plan.
• Action on combining the committee's Carson River Workday, Riverfest, with the Kiwanis Club of Carson City's river cleanup event.
• Discussion on the removal of two abandoned cars by Horizon Construc-tion, Inc. in the Carson River Canyon through a grant provided by the Carson Water Subconservancy District.
• Discussion on future committee agenda items.
For more information, call 887-2262.
The Carson City Board of Equalization meets at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the Sierra Room of the community center.
The board will discuss and take possible action on the assessor's recommended corrections to the assessment roll for:
• 444 S. Division St.
• 4180 Kings Canyon Road
• 1524 Robb Drive
• 5431 Aspen St.
• 7321 Center Drive
• 1097 Drake Way
The board also will discuss and take possible action on petitions for review of assessed valuation for:
• Dennis Plummer, 2500 N. Carson St.
• Pilkington Hall R.G. TR and Et Al., 2772 Kit Sierra Way
• James P. Dyer, 1351 S. Sutro Terrace
For more information, call 887-2086.