The following health inspections are from the period of June 18-28. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• Dotty's #45 Bar/Lounge, 3305 Market St. #100, scored 100 points.
• Sonic Drive In Restaurant, 1856 E. College Pkwy., scored 95 points. No thermometer is provided in/for the walk-in. The thermometer in the sandwich make-up unit is broken. The ambient temperature inside the sandwich make-up unit is 51-52 F. The 3-C sink is not properly set up and dirty dishes are present. At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler during all hours of operation.
• Jack In The Box #7320 Restaurant, 3225 Retail Dr., scored 91 points. Chemical spray bottles located in the cleaning closet by the public restrooms have no labels as to their contents. The ice scoop is stored on top of the ice machine. The paper towel dispenser in the middle kitchen area has no paper towels in it.
• Arco AMPM Convenience Store, 4340 N. Carson St., scored 96 points. Found the hot water heater was not working. A tankless hot water heater will be installed. They are using hot water from the coffee maker for hot water for dishwashing.
• Eagle Gas II Convenience Store, 1360 S. Carson St., scored 93 points. The bags of ice from this establishment were not labeled as required showing the name and address. Food contact surfaces of the ice machine were not clean. The inside top surfaces of the ice machine were coated with black slime. The non-food contact surfaces inside the cabinets under the soda machine counter were not clean. A supply of sanitary towels was not present in the employee restroom.
• Jimmy G's Cigar Bar/Lounge, 301 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Garibaldi's Restaurant, 307 N. Carson St., scored 95 points. Ice machine is in need of cleaning. Ice scoop is stored improperly. Utensil storage bins near the dishwasher need to be cleaned inside. At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler during all hours of food prep and service.
• Q's Steaks, Bar-B-Que & Salads Restaurant, 230 Fairview Dr., scored 92 points. Milk was found in the beer cooler at 44 F and not 40 F or less as required. There was no thermometer in the cooler. Wrapped turkey meat was found in the prep table refrigerator at 44 F and not 40 F or less as required. Cloths used on food-contact surfaces were found in a bucket of solution that had no detectable sanitizer. Store cloths in a sanitizer solution and change when the solution becomes cloudy. There was no certified food handler at this establishment at the beginning of this inspection.