Greenhouse Garden Center continues is weekly schedule of free seminars.
The center is located at 2450 S. Curry St. in Carson City. For more information, call 882-8600, or go online to www.greenhousegardencenter.com.
• Growing Grapes and Berries in Northern Nevada, 9 a.m. today.
• Container Planting with Janet, 1 p.m. today
• Common Summer Problems In All Plants, 9 a.m. June 4.
Why don't the plants and grass in your yard look as good as you envisioned? With the proper products, pruning techniques and correct watering, anyone can enjoy a beautiful lawn and spectacular plants this summer. Taught by David Ruf, owner of the enter. No reservations are required.
• Pruning Pines and Spruce Trees, 9 a.m. June 5.
Avoid big brown patches that never fill in and "leggy" fine-needled evergreens. Ruf will show how to enjoy full, lush looking pines and spruce trees. No reservations are required
• Workshop for children: Kid's Gardening- Vege Tales With Sharon. 11 a.m. June 5
Sharon Potter of Greenhouse Garden Center will show children ages 4 and older how easy it is to grow flowers and vegetables starting with how to plant them and ending with how to take care of them. This seminar is free however reservations are required and the workshop size will be limited and will last approximately half an hour.
• Paver Installation, 9 a.m. June 19
Are considering replacing that old, oil stained, cracked driveway, or installing something all new? Free seminar includes an installation demonstration.
• Xeriscaping, 11 a.m. June 19
Find out the basics of xeriscape from Ruf, who will discuss how to xeriscape an area to meet your needs for function and style while saving water.
• Summer Pond Questions and Answers, 9 a.m. June 25
With the sun and heat there are some steps the pond owner needs to take to get maximum enjoyment from a backyard pond. Bring all of your questions to the seminar taught by Ruf.