The following information applies to the period of Oct. 17-23:
Southbound Saliman Road will be closed between Fairview Drive and Colorado Street from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday for sealing. One lane of traffic will remain open in the northbound direction.
From Monday through Wednesday, the Nevada Department of Transportation will be slurry sealing the following roads. Lane closures with flagger control will be in place, and minor delays are expected:
• Snyder Avenue from Bigelow Drive to US 395.
• Frontage Road from Snyder Avenue to Old Clear Creek Road.
Butti Way will remain closed between Fairview Drive and Airport Road due to construction of a water line. In addition, Airport Road will be closed between Butti Way and Desatoya Drive. During construction, those wishing to access the Public Works building may do so via Fairview Drive to westbound Butti Way. Those wishing to access the Parks and Recreation Department offices or the Jump Around Carson (JAC) transit office may do so via the south gate to the Public Works Corporate Yard off of Butti Way, south of Airport Road.
A project to complete a new north-south water transmission line on the east side of Carson City will result in one-lane traffic with flagger controls from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays for the following roads:
• Edmonds Drive between South Lompa Drive and Fairview Drive
• Damon Road between Tucker Court and South Edmonds Drive
• South Lompa Lane south of Edmonds Drive
• Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Snyder Avenue
• Conte Drive from Damon Road to Sinbad Street
• Bigelow Drive from Race Track Road to Snyder Avenue
• Snyder Avenue from Bigelow Drive to Conte Drive
Clearview Drive is closed between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive for construction on the next phase of the NDOT freeway project. Detours are marked. The road is expected to open by the end of October. Also, on Tuesday, there will be a possible lane closure with flaggers on southbound Edmonds Drive between Koontz Lane and Clearview Drive.
Pavement striping may occur in the area within the approximate boundary of Colorado Street to the north, Koontz Lane to the south, Edmonds Drive to the east, and Carson Street to the west.
The following activity is expected due to utility work:
• From 7 p.m. Monday through at 6 a.m. Tuesday, the two northbound lanes on Fairview Drive will be closed south of the intersection with Highway 50. Northbound traffic will be able to access Highway 50 or continue north on to College Parkway via the left turn lane on Fairview Drive.
• On Wednesday, the left turn lane from northbound Fairview Drive to eastbound Gordon Street will be closed.
• On Thursday and Friday, work will take place along the east shoulder of Edmonds Drive between Koontz Lane and De Ann Drive. Traffic control with flaggers and minor delays are possible.
The following activity is expected due to pedestrian improvements:
• Selby Street will be closed at Siskiyou Drive.
• There will be work along Stanton Drive between Siskiyou Drive and La Loma Drive. Minor delays are possible.
Saliman Road will be closed from Robinson Street to the north entrance of Carson High School from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday due to the Homecoming Parade.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 Ext. 7396.