Gov. Brian Sandoval has named the 15 members of the newly created Teachers and Leaders Council.
The council is charged with preparing recommendations for the State Board of Education to establish a statewide performance evaluation system.
The members include teachers and school administrators, school board members, education policy experts and a parent as well as representatives of the Superintendent of Education and university system chancellor.
The members will serve three year terms without compensation.
• Teachers Barbara Surritte-Barker of Washoe, Theresa Crowley of Washoe, Theodore Small of Clark and Kathleen Galland-Collins of Clark.
• School administrators Dale Norton of Nye, Linda Arranchambault of Clark and Washoe Superintendent Heath Morrison.
• School board members Sharla Hales of Douglas and Theo Michael McCormick of Lyon.
• Teacher training program member Pam Salazar of Clark.
• Parent Kimberly Tate of Clark.
• Education policy experts Robert McCord of Clark and Mary Peterson of Carson City.
• Superintendent's representative Rorie Fitzpatrick of Carson City.
• Chancellor's representative Christine Cheney of Washoe.