The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail on Tuesday or early Wednesday. All are innocent unless proved guilty in court.
• Kenneth Cummings, 44, of Carson City, was arrested on a felony burglary charge at 11 a.m. Tuesday near South Carson and Sonoma streets. According to the arrest report, Cummings was at Big 5 Sporting Goods where he took an item off the shelf and brought it to the front counter. He then reportedly received store credit for the item. Cummings returned later, allegedly to try to use the fraudulent store credit. He later confirmed to a deputy that he had tried to use store credit there unsuccessfully, according to the arrest report. He was then arrested. His bail was $25,000.
• Duane Edward Fielder, 52, of Carson City, was arrested at about 9 p.m. Tuesday near East Fifth and Ruth streets and charged with felony probation violation and for a misdemeanor battery warrant. The resident at the house attached to the garage Fielder lived in reported that he was intoxicated and on probation with a no-alcohol clause, according to the arrest report. Carson City dispatch confirmed the no-alcohol clause and the battery warrant, according to the report. Once at the jail, Fielder registered a .10 percent blood alcohol content on a preliminary breathalyzer test, according to the report. He was given no bail.
• A 17-year-old juvenile was detained Tuesday afternoon on the following felony counts: three counts of felony burglary, one count of felony home invasion, one count of possession of stolen property and one count of possession of heroin. The juvenile was also held on misdemenaor counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and as a runaway.
• A 57-year-old transient woman was arrested at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday at an apartment complex near the north-end Wal-Mart and charged with misdemeanor petit larceny. She allegedly stole a bottle of liquor, a jar of pickles and two containers of blackberries from the store but dropped them when confronted by security workers. The items' estimated value were $38. Deputies reportedly found her intoxicated and said she spoke only Russian for several minutes. Her bail was $250.
• A 20-year-old Sparks woman was arrested at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday near Como Street and Carson Meadow Drive and charged with two misdemeanor counts of possession of drug paraphernalia. Deputies were responding to a reported dispute when one discovered a bag of suspected methamphetamine, according to the arrest report. The other deputy searched the woman's purse and allegedly found a meth pipe. Once handcuffed, she said she also had a marijuana pipe in her bra, according to the arrest report. She reportedly admitted to owning the two pipes but said the drugs were not hers. Her bail was $2,000.
• A 19-year-old Carson City man was arrested at about 1:30 a.m. in Mills Park and charged with possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and violating the conditions of his probation, all misdemeanors. A deputy investigated a parked car and saw three people inside and smelled marijuana, according to the arrest report. When asked for the drugs and paraphernalia, the man reportedly handed them over to the deputy. All three admitted to smoking marijuana that evening, according to the report. The man was also found to be on alternative sentencing, according to the report. The other two were not arrested. His bail was $4,600.