A decision on the position of Legal Services is expected Thursday at 6:15 p.m. when the Churchill County School District Board of Trustees hold their second regularly scheduled July meeting at the district administration office, 690 S. Maine St.
Three candidates — Martin Crowley of Fallon and Jeff Blanck of Reno, Scott Jamieson and Charles Woodman of Reno, and Sharla Hales of Minden — were interviewed on June 13 by trustees, who voted to delay a selection. Hales has served as the district’s Legal Counsel since 2007. The school board, however, voted to consider Request for Proposal earlier this year.
After convening, trustees are scheduled to go into closed session for one hour to discuss the three proposals.
Final terms of a new contract could be determined at this meeting or brought back to trustees for consideration at a later date.
Trustees will also discuss or take action on the following items:
• Hear an update from new superintendent Dr. Sandra Sheldon regarding district-related matters.
• Consider approval of a contract with ABC Fire in the amount of $29,190 to retrofit the existing fire suppression at Lahontan Elementary School. The contract would be paid for out of Bond Funds.
• Consider approval of changes to Policy 2120 regarding CCSD superintendent.
• Discuss and possibly revise priorities set previously by trustees for the use of additional funding from the legislature over and above funding designated in the budget, including the hiring of a first-grade teacher/moving counselor, middle school secretary, I.C. Facilitator, second and third grade teachers, vocational teacher and library software.
• Consider approval of a contract with CC Communications to furnish and install a campus-wide system that will replace the existing intercom and telephone systems.
• Discuss preliminary costs for building a new gym at Churchill County High School.
• Discuss the potential of posting a job announcement for Human Resources director and may approve the associated job Description.
Note: The first day of school district-wide is Aug. 26.