Churchill County Commissioners will hold a regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday at 8:15 a.m. at the county administration building chambers, 155 N. Taylor St.
Commissioners will discuss or take action on the following items:
• 8:15 a.m. appointment: Hear an update on the Northern Nevada Development District from Maurice Washington, Northern Nevada Development Authority deputy director.
• 8:30: A proposal to renew Nevada Public Agency Insurance Pool (NPAIP) insurance and approval of an invoice for payment from 2013-14 funds. Fred Rogne and Wayne Carlson will present the renewal package.
• 8:50: To accept a $6,225 grant from Welfare Set-Aside funds to Churchill County Social Services support emergency rent and utility assistance to local residents.
• 8:55: Approval of a $45,815 Union Pacific Railroad grant application to purchase an electronic marquee at the Churchill County Fairgrounds.
• 9 a.m.: An application for community support requested by the Fallon Youth Club will be considered.
• 9:05: The first reading of proposed tariff changes for the Local Regulated Tariff.
• 9:10: Appointment of Cari Norcutt to the Churchill County Social Services Advisory Committee.
• 9:15: Consider a motion to accept the annual report submitted by the State of Nevada Department of Health Division of Child and Family Services for the 2012 fiscal year.
• 9:20: Consider accepting Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funds to provide general community activities for the 2014 fiscal year.
• 9:30: Hear an appeal filed by Mills Crossing subdivision resident George Thomas in regard to the Planning Commission’s decision to issue a special use permit to Cody Deegan to operate a home-based tattoo shop at 4399 Cardinal Way.
• In old business, will consider USACE’s “Breach Inundation analysis report on the USBR Newlands Project V, L and S line canals.
• In new business, will consider a reversion to acreage map for the Patua Project north of Hazen.
• Consider approval of a budget transfer.
• Adopt a policy for the distribution of greater than anticipated CTX revenues for Fiscal Year 2012-13.
• Approval of pay tables for Fiscal Year 2013-14.
• Consider approval of Churchill County’s petition to intervene in the State Board of Equalization appeal filed by Magma Energy at Soda Lake.