• A Memorial Day ceremony hosted by the Marine Corps League’s Silver State Detachment will be at 10:30 a.m. at the Stewart Indian Cemetery on Clear Creek Road, east of U.S. Highway 395. The event will feature the color guard from Carson High School, the Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps, the Marine Corps League, the Salvation Army and World War II veterans.
• A Memorial Day Service will be at 1 p.m. in the veterans section at Lone Mountain Cemetery, 1044 Beverly Drive. Call 775-887-2111 for more information.
• Virginia City Memorial Day Service, hosted by Carlin Camp 25 and Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, will be from 2-2:30 p.m. at Silver Terrace Cemetery in Virginia City. For more information, call 775-972-7420 or go to www.suvpac.org.
• Red, White & Blue Summer BBQ will be from 1-7 p.m. at the Carson Nugget’s West Lot. There will be live music, food and drinks, games and children’s activities. Admission is free.
• Evergreen Gene’s fifth annual Memorial Day BBQ takes place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 1811 N. Carson St. Hot dogs, hamburgers, watermelon and more will be served for free. Veterans will receive 25 percent off their purchases. For more information, contact Gene or Rowena at 775-882-1807, 775-530-0946 or firstname.lastname@example.org.