The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 5:20 p.m., Scott Byzbir, 50, was arrested on suspicion of possession of meth after a traffic stop at Highway 50 and Nichole Lane. The vehicle was stopped for a broken tail light and broken windshield. A K-9 alerted deputies to the presence of possible drugs. He was also charged with possession of paraphernalia and failure to appear for a pre-trial supervision hearing. Bail was set at a total of $6,525.
• At 3:57 p.m., a 34-year-old was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor drug violations after he was held by Walmart security for allegedly trying to shoplift goods from the store. A search of his person revealed paraphernalia and a small amount of marijuana. Total bail on that, the petit larceny and a suspended sentence violation was $2,850.
• At 7:46 p.m., a 42-year-old Reno man was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and obstructing/resisting an officer after deputies were called to the Port of Subs on Highway 50 on a report of a robbery. He allegedly refused to cooperate with the deputy and started walking away until another deputy arrived to assist in the arrest. Bail was set at $450.
• At 8:25 p.m., a 24-year-old was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after a woman flagged down an alternative sentencing officer driving on North Roop Street and said she had been battered. He was held in lieu of $3,000 bail.
• At 2:42 a.m., an 18-year-old was arrested on suspicion of minor consuming after deputies stopped his vehicle on North Carson Street at Nye Lane. He also was charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana and held in lieu of $650 bail.