1916: Power Plant to be Enlarged
This continues the Appeal’s review of news stories and headlines during its Sesquicentennial year.
Definite arrangements have been made for the enlargement of the power plant of the Douglas Milling & Power company on the Carson river. The present plant of the company will be superceded by a modern plant to be operated by a Pelton wheel. By extending the ditch around the hill above the Sarman home, a much greater fall will be obtained, which through the installation of the new wheel, will give the company about three times the power now generated at the present plant.
For many months past the local power company has been carrying an overload to supply the demand for juice and have been unable to accept new business that has been offered. It is understood that the machinery for the new plant has already been ordered and that work has started on the preliminary work at the plant. — Record-Courier.