May 4, 1926: Hamer heads new Carson school board
The new school board organized last evening by electing Dr. E.E. Hamer president and George W. Borden clerk.
No selection of principal of the school was made, as the board members desired more time in which to consider the several applications on hand and to make some investigations regarding the applications.
Most of the present teachers have signified their willingness to continue service in the Carson school.
Board members, pending action on the principalship, will study the budget and finances of the district.
This continues the Appeal’s review of news stories and headlines during its Sesquicentennial year.