Positions open on Carson City committees

Carson City has seven commission and committee positions open.

The Cultural Commission, which advises the Board of Supervisors on arts and culture, has one position open for a term ending in December 2023. The commission meets at least quarterly and members should be willing to make a commitment of up to 10 hours a month. Applicants must be Carson City residents.

The Redevelopment Authority Citizens Committee has two spots, both for a business or property owner, with one in redevelopment area 1 and the other in redevelopment area 2. Both are for terms expiring in January 2023.

The committee’s primary purpose is to make recommendations to the Redevelopment Authority on redevelopment area plans, incentive programs, special event funding, and other matters pertaining to the redevelopment district. Applicants must be registered voters in Carson City. There is a minimum commitment of up to 10 hours a month.

Two positions with terms ending in January 2024 are open on the Open Space Advisory Committee, which promotes the quality of life for citizens of Carson City through the preservation and protection of the natural environment. The committee meets the third Monday of every other month at 5:30 p.m. Applicants must be registered voters in Carson City.

Applications for the Cultural Commission, RACC and Open Space Advisory Committee are due Jan. 2 and interviews with the Board of Supervisors are tentatively scheduled for the board’s Jan. 16 meeting.

The Parks and Recreation Commission has two openings, each for a term that will expire in January 2024. The commission meets on the first Tuesday of every other month and advises the supervisors on the use of city parks. Members can expect to work up to 10 hours a month.

Applications for the Parks and Recreation Commission are due Dec. 19 and interviews are tentatively scheduled for the board’s Jan. 2 meeting.

All committee and commission members serve voluntarily, and applications are public documents once they are submitted.

For information or to apply, go online to



Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment