Carson City, Nevada city hall
The Carson City Board of Supervisors will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 4 in the Robert Crowell Board Room of the Carson City Community Center.
• To possibly approve a $79,000 contract with H+K Architects to do a needs assessment on the Carson City Juvenile Detention Center.
• Discussion and possible action regarding a proposed approval of three interrelated contracts, two with Karpel Solutions and one with Karpel Solutions and Escrowtech International, Inc. for an initial total contract amount of $175,300 for: (1) the purchase and implementation of a case management system and associated services for a not to exceed amount of $144,700; (2) the engagement of Karpel Solutions for support services related to the case management system for a one-year term in an additional amount not to exceed $29,600; and (3) a software escrow agreement with Karpel Solutions and Escrowtech International, Inc. for a one-year term in an additional amount not to exceed $1,000.
• Discussion and possible action regarding the appointment of a representative member to the Nevada Local Justice Reinvestment Coordinating Council ("NLJRCC") pursuant to NRS 176.014 for a two-year term.
• Discussion and presentation on the "UNR Extension, Carson City Needs Assessment Results" by Lisa Taylor, Carson City Extension Educator, relating to the University of Nevada, Reno ("UNR") Cooperative Extension and its provision of 4-H, STEM, youth development programs and other programs and activities.
• Discussion and possible action regarding a determination that Triumph Electric Company, Inc., is the lowest responsive and responsible bidder pursuant to NRS Chapter 338 and whether to award Contract No. 20300228, Production Wells Permanent Emergency Generators Project, to Triumph Electric Company, Inc., for a total not to exceed amount of $605,000.
• Discussion and possible action regarding a proposed lease of 813 N. Carson Street to the Children's Museum of Northern Nevada, a non-profit Nevada corporation, to be used for a charitable or civic purpose pursuant to Nevada Revised Statutes ("NRS") 244.284, at the rate of $1.00 per year for a term of 3 years and 5 months, commencing on February 4, 2021 and terminating on June 30, 2024, with an option to request renewal for an additional 3- year term commencing on July 1, 2024 and terminating on June 30, 2027.
• Discussion and possible action regarding directives and recommendations concerning Carson City departmental and staff functions in Carson City as a consolidated municipality in relation to the exercise of emergency powers pursuant to NRS Chapters 244 and 414 and CCMC Chapter 6.02 for the purpose of ensuring the health, safety and welfare in Carson City in response to the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The meetings are currently closed to the public due to the public health emergency.
To watch the meeting remotely, go to http://www.carson.org/granicus and click on “In progress” next to the meeting date or tune in to cable channel 191.
Public comment can be made by emailing the comment to email@example.com by 3 p.m. Feb 3 or during the meeting by calling 1-408-418-9388 and using the meeting number 146 501 0770. Use the phone number only to make comment.
The agenda is available online at https://www.carson.org/home/showpublisheddocument?id=74088.