The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until convicted in court.
• At 12:53 p.m., a 54-year-old Dayton man was charged with shoplifting after surveillance spotted him putting several items inside a gray tote and then leaving the store. He was also charged with violating suspended sentence conditions. Bail was set at $3,250.
• At 1:21 a.m., a 19-year-old was charged as a minor consuming alcohol after Carson Fire saw him walking in the middle of the road and took him to Carson Tahoe Hospital. He refused to go home with his father saying he wanted to go to jail. He was taken into custody after a PBT indicated he had a blood alcohol level nearly three times the legal limit. Bail was set at $150.
• At 2:24 a.m., a 29-year-old IT technician was charged with DUI 2nd offense after a traffic stop on Curry Street for failure to obey a stop sign. Bail was set at $2,540.
• At 3:47 p.m., a 61-year-old was arrested after deputies were called to Behavioral Health Services for a man trying to leave the facility while still under the influence of a prescription drug. He was arrested after deputies found an outstanding warrant charging him with contempt of court. Bail was set at $804.
• At 9:42 p.m., a 30-year-old woman was charged with DUI 2nd offense after deputies were called to the area of Minnesota Street by witnesses who said the driver failed to stop at a stop sign and nearly hit his vehicle. She was found at a nearby apartment and admitted to drinking, according to the arrest report. She also told deputies she didn’t have a valid license. She declined to be tested. A judge authorized a blood draw. She was also charged with driving on a suspended license. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 4:28 p.m., a 37-year-old was charged with multiple misdemeanors after a traffic stop for a fictitious license plate. He was charged with driving on a revoked license, a fictitious registration, no proof of insurance, obstructing, no valid license and as an ex-felon failing to register. Bail was set at $1,700.
• At 6:34 p.m., Javier Valtierra, 34, was arrested after deputies responded to a residence near Brown and Gordon streets for a report of an overdose. The subject had already been transported to the hospital when deputies arrived and when the deputy got there, he was told Valtierra had been released. Back at the Brown Street scene, he was found at the vehicle where he had apparently overdosed. P&P asked that he be arrested for violating P&P release conditions. He was charged with two counts of possessing paraphernalia found at the scene as well. He was ordered held without bail.
• At 2:49 a.m., Daniel Brown, 68, was arrested on drug charges after a traffic stop on Dori Way for no license plate. Dispatch said he had a history that included a prior drug sentencing. A search found a small amount of meth He was charged with possession of meth, no proof of insurance and an expired registration. Bail was set at $3,125.
• At 3:46 a.m., 28-year-old man was arrested after a traffic stop at Nevada and Adaline for driving without lights at night. He was taken into custody for driving on a license revoked for DUI and a felony FTA warrant. Bail was set at $11,025.
• At 4:58 p.m., a 68-year-old transient was arrested for refusing to leave FISH after being trespassed from the property. Alternative sentencing also ordered him held on two criminal contempt charges. Bail was set at $1,150.
• At 5:25 p.m., a 61-year-old retiree was arrested on a DUI 1st alcohol charge after a Carson City park ranger reported making contact with an intoxicated driver in a pickup truck. He was also charged with an open container in the vehicle. Bail was set at $1,100.
• At 2:33 a.m., Jose Gallegos, 20, was arrested on a felony warrant charging grand theft auto after a traffic stop on Ashby Court. Bail was set at $5,000.