The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 12:49 a.m., a 41-year-old man was charged with DUI 1st alcohol after a traffic stop for running a stop sign, speeding and failure to maintain a lane. Bail was set at $1,085.
• At 3:48 p.m., Mark Wilson, 43, was arrested after deputies responded to a residence on Etta Place for a report of a domestic battery. The victim had visible bruises on her face and arm. He was charged with felony preventing a victim from reporting the assault by throwing her phone over the fence in the backyard, a felony, and domestic battery 2nd offense. Bail was set at $10,000.
• At 10:06 a.m., a 20-year-old woman was arrested after a traffic stop for no license plate. She was charged with contempt of court, driving without a valid license and driving an unregistered vehicle. Bail was set at $1,150.
• At 10:56 a.m., Diego Sandana, 20, was arrested after deputies responded to a report of a domestic dispute at an address on Airport Road. The victim, his girlfriend, suffered several marks on her body consistent with being pushed and assaulted. His bail was set at $3,000.
• At 3:48 p.m., Deborah Erb, 56, was arrested after dispatch reported the driver of her vehicle was wanted on two warrants. The warrants charge possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 4:20 p.m., Jacob Wallace, 25, was arrested on a felony warrant issued in California after a traffic stop on Carson Street for no brake lights. He was also charged with a fictitious registration, expired registration and the brake lights violation. He was held for extradition to Mendocino County.
• At 7:39 p.m., a 44-year-old man was arrested after a traffic stop for an expired registration at Hot Springs and Research Way. He was charged as an ex-felon failing to register and driving on a suspended license. Bail was set at $650.
• At 10:51 p.m., Kyle Wilson, 36, was arrested on Winnie Lane after a deputy spotted him with a large machete in one hand. When told to drop the weapon, the arrest report says he began yelling and, instead, tried to approach the deputy yelling, “I’m the grim reaper and I will kill you.” The deputy reported backing his vehicle down the street to maintain distance from the defendant, who eventually complied with orders to drop the weapon and get on his knees. He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Bail was set at $20,000.
• At 3:56 a.m., Christopher Vargas, 43, was arrested after a traffic stop on Carson Street for failure to obey a stop sign. When asked, the arrest report said he admitted to having a firearm in the vehicle. A background check showed him to be an ex-felon not allowed to have a weapon. A search also found a meth pipe and small amount of meth in the vehicle. He was charged with the firearm violation, possession of meth and paraphernalia. Bail was set at $23,500.
• At 11:41 p.m., Raul Rodriguez, 51, was arrested on a warrant charging possession of a stolen vehicle after he was stopped by a deputy who thought he might be a suspect in another crime. Bail was set at $5,000.