Churchill County’s COVID vaccine and testing schedule for July is set.
The county has expanded its vaccine and testing delivery points to include The Grid Farmers Markets on Wednesdays and the William N. Pennington Life Center on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
The Grid is located at 1120 Taylor Place and the Pennington Life Center is at 952 S. Maine St. in Fallon.
Those 18 and older may receive the free Moderna, Pfizer or Janssen vaccine and those ages 12-17 will receive the Pfizer vaccine.
Schedule for July:
• Mondays (July 26) – Vaccine and testing appointments only at the Pennington Life Center. Please call (775) 423-6695, option 2 to schedule.
• Tuesdays (July 27) – Vaccines and testing from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Miner’s Road Public Health drive-through site (rapid tests offered from 3-4 p.m.). No appointment needed.
• Wednesdays (July 21, 28) - Vaccines and testing from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Pennington Life Center; vaccines and testing from 3 to 5 p.m. at The Grid Farmer’s Market on July 7 and 21; 3 to 7 p.m. on July 14 & 28. Rapid testing at The Grid from 3-4 p.m. each Wednesday. No appointment needed at either location.
• Thursdays (July 22, 29) – Vaccines only from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Pennington Life Center; no appointment needed.
• Fridays (July 23, 30) - Call for future appointment: 775-423-6695, option 2.
First and second doses available on all vaccine dates. Drive-through, no appointment needed except as noted above. Bring a photo ID. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Bring your vaccination card to your second dose and refer to it to see when you are eligible for your second dose. You are able to get your second dose any time after its due date, but are not eligible to get it before the due date, per the CDC.
If you or someone you know is homebound, or cannot access the vaccine site for whatever reason, call 775-423-6695, option 2 to discuss alternative options.
Print and fill out the “COVID-19 Questionnaire” (https://www.churchillcountynv.gov/DocumentCenter/View/15495/COVID-19-questionnaire-) and “Pre-Vaccination Checklist” (https://www.churchillcountynv.gov/DocumentCenter/View/15488/Pre-Vaccination-Checklist) forms and bring them with you to the vaccine site. The forms will also be available at the vaccine site.