Request for Participation and Grant Applications and Notice for Public MeetingsCommunity Development Block (CDBG)
Douglas County is now accepting applications for the 2022 CDBG Grant Cycle. The public is invited to provide ideas and comments, and present potential projects.
An informational meeting will be held at the following time and location:
Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 2:00 PM
Douglas County Community Development Department
1594 Esmeralda Avenue (Minden Inn)
Third Floor, Room 306
Items discussed at the meeting will include:
1. CDBG program overview and national
2. Minimum qualifications.
3. Grant application and selection process.
4. Summary of past projects and performances.
For the 2022 grant year HUD is expected to allocate approximately $3.3 to 3.5 million for grants towards community facilities, planning and capacity building, economic development, micro enterprise programs, and low/moderate income development (allocation amount subject to approval by congress).
Grants are available on a competitive basis to Nevada’s non-entitlement rural cities and counties. Eligible projects must meet one of the following: 1) Benefit low-to-moderate income person, 2) aid in the elimination of slums or blight, or 3) solve an urgent need that poses a threat to the public health and safety.
Complete grant applications must be submitted to the Community Development Department via ZoomGrants.com. Deadlines are as follows:
- October 15, 2021 Application deadline in Zoomgrants.com for state CDBG Office
- February 8, 2022 Application deadline for applications to Community Development
- February 18, 2022 CDBG grants deadline; complete applications due to state CDBG Office for 2022 Grant Funding
For more information regarding the CDBG program, please contact Lucille Rao at (775) 782-6218.
The County will hold three public meetings to evaluate and select two to three grant proposals to forward to the State for funding consideration. The three meetings are as follows:
- July 15, 2021 Board of Commissioners Meeting
- August 19, 2021 Board of Commissioners Meeting
- November 18, 2021 Board of Commissioners Meeting
Douglas County does not discriminate because of the handicapped status of any person in the admission or access to County Facilities. Persons with disabilities who require special accommodations or assistance should notify Coleen Thran-Zepeda at (775) 782-9012.Pub: July 22, 2021Ad#15436