The Carson City Board of Supervisors will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 4 in the Robert Crowell Board Room of the Carson City Community Center.
• Discussion and possible action regarding Contract No. 20300285 for the Jail Video Surveillance Project, with Desert Hills Electric, Inc., for a not to exceed amount of $132,612.
• Discussion and possible action regarding the proposed acceptance of a grant in the amount of $86,250 from the Federal Emergency Management Agency ("FEMA") through the State of Nevada, Department of Public Safety – Division of Emergency Management, which requires a 25% grant match by Carson City in the amount of $28,750, to fund the update of the Carson City Hazard Mitigation Plan from 2021 through 2026.
• Discussion and possible action regarding an assessment methodology to implement the South Carson Street Neighborhood Improvement District ("NID").
• Discussion and possible action regarding a draft license agreement template and license fee methodology, which is proposed to be a per square foot charge calculated by multiplying 50 percent of the Assessor’s taxable value per square foot of the adjoining owner’s parcel(s) multiplied by the prime interest rate plus two percent, to be utilized for granting licenses for use of the City's right-of-way for purposes other than landscaping, sidewalks, ingress and egress, and authorization for the City Engineer or designee to execute license agreements with adjacent property owners and adjust the license fee in accordance with the approved license fee methodology.
• Discussion and possible action regarding a proposed Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) between Carson City and the Carson City Fire Fighters Association, International Association of Firefighters Local 2251 (“Local 2251”), effective July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2023, for the supervisory (Battalion Chiefs’) bargaining unit at the Carson City Fire Department (“CCFD”) with an estimated fiscal impact of $272,821.03 for the term of the MOU.
• Discussion and possible action regarding a business impact statement concerning a proposed ordinance amending Title 4 of the Carson City Municipal Code ("CCMC") to establish a reporting requirement and remove the expiration of an existing 1% transient lodging tax supporting the Carson City Arts and Cultural Master Plan and the development of a cultural tourism campaign.
• Discussion and possible action to introduce, on first reading, a proposed ordinance amending Title 4 of the Carson City Municipal Code ("CCMC") to establish a reporting requirement and remove the expiration of an existing 1% transient lodging tax supporting the Carson City Arts and Cultural Master Plan and the development of a cultural tourism campaign.
• Discussion and presentation regarding Carson City's draft 2021- 2025 Strategic Plan, which concerns long-term goals and strategic objectives of Carson City as a political subdivision of the State of Nevada.
• Discussion and possible action regarding coordination of legislative activity on pending state legislation before the Nevada Legislature and whether to adopt an official policy position or direct staff and Carson City's retained lobbyist to advocate for or against any such legislation, including the submittal of proposed amendatory language.
The meetings are currently closed to the public due to the public health emergency.
To watch the meeting remotely, go to http://www.carson.org/granicus and click on “In progress” next to the meeting date or tune in to cable channel 191.
Public comment can be made by emailing the comment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 p.m. March 3 or during the meeting by calling 1-408-418-9388 and using the meeting number 187 418 5134. Use the phone number only to make comment.