Western Nevada College nursing student Ivy Kent administers a COVID vaccination in Fallon.
Churchill County’s next dates for eligible groups to receive the free COVID vaccine will be Thursday, March 11 at the county fairgrounds. Please enter the fairgrounds via Miner’s Road off Hwy 95 South. Vaccines are available on a first-come, first-served basis with limited availability.
New this week: now serving ages 55 and up and the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine is available.Forms
To expedite your vaccination process (both first and second dose as applicable), please print and fill out the “COVID-19 Questionnaire
” and “Pre-Vaccination Checklist
” forms and bring them with you to the fairgrounds.First Doses: Johnson & Johnson, one-dose vaccine now availableMarch 11 starting at 2 p.m., drive-in, no appointments needed.
PER THE STATE OF NEVADA, CHURCHILL COUNTY DRIVE THRU WILL NOT BE SERVING THE BELOW POPULATION(S). PLEASE REACH OUT TO WALGREENS, SAFEWAY OR WALMART FOR AVAILBILITY WHEN VACCINE IS APPROVED FOR YOU:
- Ages 70+
- Ages 65+
- Ages 55+
- Department of Corrections employees, law enforcement/public safety employees, local emergency operators, education and childcare employees and Nevada System of Higher Education frontline educators, staff and students
- Community support frontline staff including those working to serve vulnerable populations with food service, shelter services, court/legal and social services; essential public transportation workers, state and local government officials and staff limited to 1.2 of the State plan, essential public health workforce and mortuary services
- Frontline Supply & Logistics: as described in the State of Nevada Playbook, Lane 1.3.1-1.3.6
- Ages 18-54, with underlying conditions.
Employees of any of the groups listed must be employed in Churchill County, bring proof of employment such as a recent paystub, letter of employment signed by the business owner or employer-issued identification to receive the vaccine. Residents should bring proof of age (like a current driver’s license).Second Doses ONLYPER THE STATE OF NEVADA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT, YOU MUST RECEIVE YOUR SECOND DOSE AT THE SAME LOCATION AS YOU RECEIVED YOUR FIRST DOSE. March 10 & 11 from 1 p.m. at Miner’s Road off Hwy 95 south:
Please refer to your vaccination card to see when you are eligible for your second vaccine dose. GETTING TO THE NEW COVID VACCINE AND TESTING SITE
All persons should arrive to Miners Road from Highway 95 south. Anyone blocking state highways (including Hwy 95 and Sheckler) will be cited by law enforcement.
• Churchill Area Regional Transportation, or CART, is available to take local eligible vaccine populations who don’t have a ride to the fairgrounds to receive their COVID vaccine. Masks are required when riding the CART bus. To arrange for a ride to the fairgrounds, call CART at (775)428-2988 weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. This service will continue each week during vaccination dates at the fairgrounds until further notice.
• Medicaid recipients needing a ride to the fairgrounds for the vaccine should contact Medicaid for an expedited request. Medicaid is waiving the five-day ride request requirement for those seeking the vaccine.
• Special Arrangements - If you or someone you know cannot access CART or leave their home to obtain the vaccine please call (775)423-6695, option 2 to be reviewed for alternative options. Banner Churchill Community Hospital
Banner Hospital currently is only offering second dose vaccines to those 70 and older who have already received their first vaccine at Banner. Call (775)867-7740 to make a second dose vaccine appointment at the hospital. Banner is no longer serving new vaccine patients.Walmart
Walmart in Fallon now offers the vaccine to those 65+ via appointment through their online portal: https://www.walmart.com
. You will need an email and to create an account to schedule your vaccine at Walmart. Walgreens
Walgreens offers the vaccine to those 65+ via appointments through their online portal: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19
. You will need an email and to create an account to schedule your vaccine at Walgreens.Safeway
Safeway offers the vaccine to those 65+ via appointments through their online portal: https://safeway.com/pharmacy.html
You will need an email and to create an account to schedule your vaccine at Walgreens.
As vaccines continue to roll out, Churchill County will work as efficiently as possible to administer these vaccines over the coming weeks. Additional vaccine dates and information will be provided on county’s website