Churchill County Commissioners meet Wednesday at 1:15 p.m. at the Churchill County Administrative Building, Commission Chambers, 155 N. Taylor St. This meeting will also be conducted on Zoom.
Accessing the meeting
Join Zoom Meeting
ttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/151527181?pwd=SG1RNGtmZUJFa1BuYmk2UTlRYi8vQT09 Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
These meetings are subject to the provisions of Nevada Open Meeting Law (NRS
Chapter 241). Except as otherwise provided for by law, these meetings are open and
public. Action will be taken on all agenda items, unless otherwise noted.
If you attend the meeting at the physical location, you are required to wear a mask and
practice social distancing.
Consideration and possible action
• Employee Service Awards for the 1st Quarter of 2021, Jim R. Barbee, County Manager
• Public Hearing, Bill 2021-A, Ordinance 119, an Ordinance authorizing and directing the issuance of the Churchill County, Nevada, Revenue Bond (Event Center), Series 2021A, to finance an event center; providing the forms, terms, conditions and security for the Bond and the sale thereof; providing for adoption as if an emergency exists; and providing other matters relating thereto. Further, review and discussion of loan bids received through JNA Consulting Group from financial institutions and directing the county manager to accept the best bid from Sterling National Bank ($9,068,000 20 year term at 2.35%) or to accept a different bid at the board's discretion.
• Update of current activities, plans, or actions related to the Bureau of Land Management's Carson City District.
• Public Hearing: State of Nevada Governors Office on Economic Development Community Development Block Grant Program overview and funding of priorities
• Application for continued support funding for Domestic Violence Intervention (DVI) for $4,000 to be considered in the Fiscal Year 2022 Budget and an update on activities.
• Parcel Map Application for a Cluster Development, Parcel Map 3, filed by Hyde Homes, LLC for property located off Schindler Road, Assessor's Parcel Number 006-451-18, consisting of 47.87 acres in the A-5 zoning district, whereby the applicant proposes to split the parcel into two lots.
• Authorization to withdraw a protest against Application 89100 filed with the Nevada State engineer.