The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent unless proven guilty in court.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 9
• At 8 p.m., a 59-year-old Carson City woman was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting at the North Carson City Walmart. Bail was set at $352.
• At 9:03 p.m., a 58-year-Carson City woman was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense in the 1400 block of Old Hot Springs Road. Bail was set at $1,137.
• Christie Leenann Torvik, 52, already in custody at the Carson City Jail, was arrested on suspicion of burglary of a motor vehicle and petit larceny. Bail was set at $2,500.
• Adrian Jones, 41, of Carson City was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, unlawful possession of a shopping cart and camping within city limits. Deputies responded to investigate a motorhome that was in the parking lot of a shopping center. A K-9 deputy detected drugs and deputies found a syringe that tested positive for methamphetamine and three hypodermic needles. Bail was set at $4,181.
• Tiare Smith, 19, of Sacramento, Calif., and Sydney Smith, 18, of Pleasant Hill, Calif., were arrested on suspicion of felony eluding, gross misdemeanor conspiracy to commit assault with a deadly weapon and gross misdemeanor conspiracy to discharge a firearm from a moving vehicle. Both were in the car that led deputies on a high-speed pursuit.
The incident started at 3:20 a.m. when deputies responded to the area of North Carson Street and Hot Springs Road to investigate a reported shooting between two vehicles traveling southbound on Carson Street.
While responding to the area, deputies located one of the involved vehicles traveling southbound on North Carson Street and attempted a traffic stop on the vehicle. The driver sped away and led deputies on a 20-minute pursuit. Deputies lost visual of the suspect vehicle on State Route 28 near Sand Harbor. Approximately 40 minutes later the Placer County Sheriff’s Office discovered the suspect vehicle crashed and unoccupied at the intersection of State Route 28 and Stagg Drive.
A male alleged to be in the car with the women is still at-large. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Carson City Sheriff’s Office, Dispatch (775) 887-2008, Detective Kevin Murry (775) 283-7853, Investigation Division, Sgt. Craig Lowe (775) 283-7815, Lt. Daniel Gonzales at (775) 283-7850, or Secret Witness (775) 322-4900.
• A 25-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Northridge and Spooner drives at 8:44 p.m. on suspicion of DUI-first offense, no driver’s license in possession and failure to yield after a vehicle crash. Bail was set at $1,321.