Carson City School District administration building.
The Carson City school board’s special meeting on Tuesday will help trustees determine the process for selecting the 10 candidates vetted by hosting firm Nevada Association of School Boards and establish its criteria and interview questions for interviewees.
According to board meeting materials posted last week, three of the candidates are district employees. Associate Superintendent of Educational Services Tasha Fuson, Chief Financial Officer Andrew Feuling and Fremont Elementary School Principal Dr. Jennifer Ward-DeJoseph are the CCSD candidates vying for the position within the district.
The remaining seven candidates submitted applications within or outside the state of Nevada.
• Dr. Jerri-Lynn Williams, chief administrator of Learning Bridge Charter School in Ely.
• Dr. John Goldhardt, superintendent for Manchester School District in Manchester, NH
• Dr. Michael Esposito, director of Pupil Services and principal of Independence Charter Academy for Helendale School District in Helendale, Calif.
• Dr. Keevin Woody, assistant director of schools for elementary education of Roane County Schools in Kingston, Tenn.
• Miranda Kogon, associate chief of student equity and opportunity for Denver Public Schools in Denver, Colo.
• Dr. Scott Thomas Cooper, Career Technical Education director for Colorado River Board of Cooperative Educational Services in Battlement Mesa, Colo.
• Dr. Verenice Gutierrez, director of educational equity and access for Salt Lake City School District, Salt Lake City, Utah
The Board of Trustees meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Robert Crowell Board Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.