Early voting for the general election begins in a month for Churchill County voters.
Several dates of importance may affect voters, especially those who still need to register or others who may wish to vote by mail.
• Candidates Night for local races is slated for Oct. 18 at the Fallon Convention Center. KTTU (99.5) will also broadcast and stream the candidates’ presentations from three local races.
• Mail ballots for the 2022 general election must be sent out by Oct. 19.
• The last day to update voter registration and request a mail ballot is Oct. 25.
• Early voting begins Oct. 22 and ends Nov. 4 in the commission chambers at the Churchill County Administration Building, 155 N. Taylor St.
• The general election is Nov. 8 at the Fallon Convention Center and also on the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Reservation.
• The last day for the clerk’s office to receive a ballot by mail is Nov. 8 at 7 p.m. if carrier envelope is not postmarked.
• The last day for mailed ballots to be received and counted by county election officials is Nov. 12.
• The last day for voters to “signature cure” or address any issue with the signature on their mail ballot is Nov. 14.
Major federal, statewide and local offices
I — Incumbent
Catherine Cortez Masto (Democratic) (I)
Adam Paul Laxalt (Republican)
Barry Lindemann (Independent)
Barry L. Rubinson (Independent American)
Neil Scott (Libertarian)
Congressional District 2
Mark E. Amodei (Republican) (I)
Darryl Baber (Libertarian)
Russell Best (Independent American)
Elizabeth Mercedes Krause (Democratic)
Ed S. Bridges II (Independent American)
Brandon Davis (Libertarian)
Joe Lombardo (Republican)
Steve Sisolak (Democratic) (I)
Stavros Anthony (Republican)
Lisa Cano-Burkhead (Democratic) (I)
John Delap (Nonpartisan)
William Hoge (Independent American)
Javi Tachiquin (Libertarian)
Secretary of State
Francisco "Cisco" Aguilar (Democratic)
Ross Crane (Libertarian)
Janine Hansen (Independent American)
Jim Marchant (Republican)
Sigal Chattah (Republican)
Aaron Ford (Democratic) (I)
John T. Kennedy (Libertarian)
Andy Matthews (Republican)
Jed W. Profeta (Libertarian)
Ellen Spiegel (Democratic)
Zach Conine (Democratic) (I)
Bryan Elliott (Libertarian)
Michele Fiore (Republican)
Margaret Hendrickson (Independent American)
Churchill County School Board (nonpartisan)
Amber Getto (I)
Matthew Hyde (I)
Churchill County Sheriff
Richard Hickox (I)
City of Fallon Council Ward 3