Leroy is a perky 2-year-old shepherd mix. He is a little shy around new people but warms up quickly and wants to make friends. Leroy can be anxious about car rides and new places, but he adjusts, as he gets more familiar with the routine. He would do best in an adult-only home or a home with older children.
Provided to the LVN
Dear Readers, this coming weekend you have a wonderful opportunity to support CAPS and attend a Dog Day baseball game. The Reno Aces are proud to partner with CAPS for a great day of baseball while supporting an amazing cause. This highflying fundraiser touches all the bases.
On April 16, we have a block of 100 seats for the game. Each ticket is only $20 and for every seat sold CAPS receives $10. The real bonus is if we sell 100 tickets, we will receive an extra $500! Purchase your ticket by April 15, because we only get credit for the sale if you purchase them at https://fevogm.com/Churchillanimal.
Therefore, grab your baseball cap and glove and go down to Greater Nevada Field for Dog Day at the park. Make sure to bring along your allowance, because another hit for the day is the $1 hot dogs that you can purchase throughout the game. Hot dog is right! Let us get out and support our no-kill shelter.
Speaking of supporting our shelter, our spring garage sale is coming up quite quickly. It is time for everyone to clean out your garage. We do need dishware, pots and pans, appliances (that work), gym equipment, furniture, tools, and miscellaneous items. We do not need clothing. You can call CAPS at 775-423-7500 to pick up items you would like to donate.
Be sure to mark your calendar for April 28 and 29 for the garage sale at The Oasis Church.
Let us work together to make this all-star season for CAPS.
LOOKING FOR A HOME
We have two adorable male puppies six and ten months old.
All our babies need foster homes, and we need volunteers to become fosters.
IN NEED OF
• Folks to attend the Reno Aces on Sunday, April 16; tickets at https://fevogm.com/Churchillanimal.
• Garage sale items for our spring sale.
• Dog walkers, we need volunteers to walk our dogs. Call 775-423-7500 for details.
• Volunteers to foster animals. Call 775-423-7500 for details.
• Aluminum cans. We will pick up your cans; give us a call at 775-423-7500. You can also drop them off at CAPS.
SHOUT OUT TO
• The wonderful gentlemen who helped grade the road to our shelter. All tails are wagging for you!
• The Reno Aces for supporting CAPS and Dog Days at the park. You are batting 1000!
COME SEE US
CAPS is open to the public on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. We suggest appointments for adoptions and food pantry.
April 28 and 29 at The Oasis Church for the spring garage sale.
Coming soon! Bark in the Park is June 3. Mark your calendars.
• April Holiday: National Pet Day is April 11.
• You can donate directly to CAPS on Facebook by just hitting the donate button. You are our guardian angels, and we thank you for your support!
• You can make a big difference in a homeless animal’s life by paying for part of their adoption fee. All of our animals are healthy, chipped, have current shots, and are spay/neutered. We rely on you to help make our no-kill shelter a viable alternative for stranded pets.
• If you would like a newsletter, call 775-423-7500 or email email@example.com.
• CAPS’ mailing address is P.O. Box 5128, Fallon, NV 89407. CAPS’ phone number is 775-423-7500. CAPS’ email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit the CAPS website (www.capsnevada.com) and Facebook page (Churchill Animal Protection Society). Be sure to “Like” CAPS on Facebook because we are likeable.
• Over the Rainbow: If you would like your pet remembered send his/her name and a short description to email@example.com.
Kathleen Williams-Miller is a CAPS volunteer. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.